Valve seal replacement costs

Chamby

Hi all, has anybody had the valve seals replaced on a T32 180 bi-turbo ? And what was the repair cost ?
my van runs and pulls well, but when it’s warm & I pull away from a junction, I get a puff of blue/grey smoke, then it’s ok until I accelerate again, I’m thinking its the valve stem seals ! What do you guys think ?

thanks in advance,

Bryan.

I had this issue on a different engine. When the engine was cold it would smoke white. As soon the engine warmed up the stem seal would expand and white smoke gone. I used a valve stem seal additive and the issue was apparently fixed.

I've done this on many an old engine.

But not heard it being done and a T6, or at least it's not popular?... So assuming it has good deals.

But the symptoms would suggest possible valve seals leaking.

What's the millage and general conditions?

I've done this on many an old engine.

But not heard it being done and a T6, or at least it's not popular?... So assuming it has good deals.

But the symptoms would suggest possible valve seals leaking.

What's the millage and general conditions?
It’s a 65plate & It’s got 78k on it , & general condition is good , well at least I thought it was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s a 65plate & It’s got 78k on it , & general condition is good , well at least I thought it was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wouldn’t expect a valve seal to be passing oil at that age / milage.
I guess you’ve done the other 180ps CFCA checks before considering the valve seals?

I wouldn’t expect a valve seal to be passing oil at that age / milage.
I guess you’ve done the other 180ps CFCA checks before considering the valve seals?
I didn’t know there were any checks to look for

Back