2016 180 Bi turbo CFCA engine failure is the EGR valve corrosion the cause of the scored and worn out bores

Thanks CarreraRSR. Are you saying that the gasket should be on the high pressure side? Sorry, it’s not obvious to me which side (top or bottom of blanking plate) that is for the left and right pipe.

No need to remove the oil filter.
On the pipe from the exhaust manifold to the EGR: the gasket goes against the pipe face.
On the pipe between the EGR and the inlet: the gasket goes on the pipe face on the lower flange.
It helps to slightly loosen the top flange on the front pipe to get enough movement to get the blanks in.

The emulator is not connected to an EGR, it is an EGR emulator so the wiring from the engine harness plugs into the emulator and the emulator pretends to be an EGR. This keeps the ECU happy. The actual on-engine EGR is no longer connected to any wiring harness in any way. In case the actual EGR is still open or leaking exhaust gas into the inlet manifold, you fit the blanking plates. This stops any unintentional exhaust gas recirculation into the inlet. You can buy the Tafmet on it's own and make up or buy different blanking plates from somewhere else. Check out the Tafmet website.

The CFCA engine was fitted in T5 and T6 before is was replaced with a Euro 6 biturbo. I asked Tafmet if this works on a T6 and they said it does as it's the same engine and ECU. I can confirm it works fine on my 2016 T6 180 CFCA.
I have a T6 BiTDI so does this mean I won’t have this problem as all I see said is don’t touch a bi turbo but no real idea why? Appreciate any help.

I have a T6 BiTDI so does this mean I won’t have this problem as all I see said is don’t touch a bi turbo but no real idea why? Appreciate any help.
The T6 bitdi hasn't got the same issues as the T5 but a whole new range of them!

Back