1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAG Paint Codes

Discussion in 'Exterior Styling, Bodywork & Detailing' started by Pauly, 8 Jan 2017.

1. carlg

carlg 204 DSG Highline Kombi MY17 VIP Member T6 Guru

It's wasn't far off

2. Lawce

Lawce Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    :thumbsup: Spot on gents will help a lot of stone chip victims like me

3. 480bhp

480bhp 204 DSG SWB T6 VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    @RattyMcClelland or anyone else who knows, why do some colours have more than one paint code, and is there any difference? i can guess at a few reasons, but they'd just be guesses and it's best not to ruin a van with a guess (like the old stone chip pens you could buy 20+ years ago)

4. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Hiya @480bhp , probably a variant to the base shade, first code appears to be the base shade, then variant 1,2 etc as not all batches are the same when delivered to the factory. Easiest way to find the exact shade is to visit your local paint factors (not house paint though:whistle:), where they will have the required paint chips to tell you what you have got (needs a good eye, and a clean and polished panel).:thumbsup:

480bhp likes this.
  5. RattyMcClelland

RattyMcClelland Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

No it's not variant shade.

The codes I listed are alternatives. Some vehicles can have one or the other on the vehicle info sticker. All a colour code does is give you an idea of what the colour was to start with not what the colour is now.

Once you go into the colour there can be anywhere from 1 to 100 different listed variants each with their own unique colour code dependent on the paint system. Different paints systems have different varient codes but all use the manufacture identity code.

480bhp likes this.
  6. T6dder

T6dder Senior Member Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    How much should a genuine touch up stick cost? Seen on eBay at about £20 for base coat and clear coat pair set.

7. irishwales

irishwales Member

Map
    can somebody confirm cherry red on a euro 6 T6 as the ones listed on here are different to the one on my service book

8. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Your colour code will be on your build sticker in drivers footwell, if your not sure double check it, seems normal to have more than one code for a colour ?