VAG Paint Codes

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Following on from another thread regards paint repairs, touch up sticks etc i put together a list of paint codes for T6s.

Type - Description - Code

SOLID: Candy White - LB9A, 9021, B4B4, B4
SOLID: Pure Grey - LH7J, J2J2
SOLID: Cherry Red - LH3T/ ?LA3E
SOLID: Grape Yellow - LL1S
SOLID: Ontario Green/Barnarto Green - LK6A,V7V7
SOLID: Ontariogruen - LH6J,9650, 6U6U (same as Ontario green)
SOLID: Bright Orange/LeuchtOrange - LP2C, E3E3
SOLID: Deep Ocean - LA5H, 0P0P
SOLID: Summer Blue - LA5F, E1E1
SOLID: Chrome Yellow - LN1K
SOLID: Ascot Grey - LA7A
SOLID: Peppermint green - LH6V
METALLIC: Reflex Silver/ Reflexsilber - LA7W, 9992, 8E8E
METALLIC: Indium Grey/ Indiumgrau - LR7H, X3X3
METALLIC: Mojave Beige/Mojawe beige - LH1X, 1B1B
METALLIC: Chestnut Brown - LH8W, H4H4
METALLIC: Bamboo Green/BambusGarden Grun - LH6Z, 3T3T
METALLIC: Acapulco Blue/Azul Acapulco/AcapulcoBlau - LR5T, 2W2W
METALLIC: Starlight Blue/Azul Island - LT5U, 3S3S
METALLIC: Blackberry - LL4U, C0C0
METALLIC: Ravenna Blue - LA5W
METALLIC: Copper Bronze - LT8T
METALLIC: Fortana Red - ?LB3Z
METALLIC: Bay Leaf Green - LN6X
PEARL: Oryx White/Branco Oryx/Tofanweiss - LoK1, 0R0R, 9099, 0R, oK1, 0K0
PEARL: Deep Black/Orcaschwarz/Presto Mystic - LC9X, 2T2T

Thanks to everyone who contributed and a massive thanks to @RattyMcClelland our resident chips away/paint guru for completing the list

Last edited:
@RattyMcClelland or anyone else who knows, why do some colours have more than one paint code, and is there any difference? i can guess at a few reasons, but they'd just be guesses and it's best not to ruin a van with a guess (like the old stone chip pens you could buy 20+ years ago)

Hiya @480bhp , probably a variant to the base shade, first code appears to be the base shade, then variant 1,2 etc as not all batches are the same when delivered to the factory. Easiest way to find the exact shade is to visit your local paint factors (not house paint though:whistle:), where they will have the required paint chips to tell you what you have got (needs a good eye, and a clean and polished panel).:thumbsup:

No it's not variant shade.

The codes I listed are alternatives. Some vehicles can have one or the other on the vehicle info sticker. All a colour code does is give you an idea of what the colour was to start with not what the colour is now.

Once you go into the colour there can be anywhere from 1 to 100 different listed variants each with their own unique colour code dependent on the paint system. Different paints systems have different varient codes but all use the manufacture identity code.

I'm in need of a touch up stick, do you actually supply them now @Pauly ? or do I need to order from VW . Thanks

I'm on my third Chipex set; a tip - let the paint dry more than recommended (but finish it well so it doesn't stick out too much); the paint removal stuff (clear blue liquid) is quite aggressive and often removes all the paint you have added.

Thanks chaps, they are just niggly small ones, but don't want to leave them for long.
Just ordered some thanks.

Last edited:
I'm on my third Chipex set; a tip - let the paint dry more than recommended (but finish it well so it doesn't stick out too much); the paint removal stuff (clear blue liquid) is quite aggressive and often removes all the paint you have added.
Agreed......did mine the other day. Initially disappointed......but once I'd got my eye in, it was ok.

Yes please, or send me your vin and I will be able to fetch it

Had a google and it appears to be LB3Z
If you can confirm that would be great

Had a google and it appears to be LB3Z
If you can confirm that would be great
Will happily do that but can’t find the sticker anywhere on the vehicle got any idea where it is ?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drivers footwell under steering wheel or on the underneath of the drivers seat
If it’s easier I can fetch it from your vin number

Back