USB socket in switch blank

snoop6060

T6 Pro
Morning,

Is it possible to flush mount a simple, single usb socket in one of the switch blanks to the left of the steering wheel? Only need for power. It looks like it might be a tight fit. Plenty of options on ebay, trying to find a single one that looks flush is proving a bit more difficult. Seen lots on the T5 but not sure if the blanks are the same size. I expect so.

Is it easy to cut the switch blank? Thinking of just taking my time with a craft knife or possibly a dremel. Want it to look tidy :)

Cheers
Si

The T6 blank plates are completly different to the T5/5.1 blanks. T6 blanks are also directional.
It is possible to fit a USB but it maybe slightly better/ easier to fit a flush mounted USB in side of glove box or top tray.

Defo keen for it just below the air vent as that is where my phone holder is. My old car had one just below my phone so I had an 8cm cable between them. Not keen on a long one to the top tray or usb port by/in glove box.

Looks tricky to get right tho as the blanks are small. Easily replaced mind you so might just pop one out and see what happens with my dremel :)

Back