USB And Aux Part Numbers For Apple Carplay

I seem to recall a specific usb cable (radio to dash socket) was required for apple car play to work, @Minemapper got one for his van that I enabled with VCDS for him.

I get this every now and again. A long press to restart the radio fixes it.

Guys, by way of an update. I found the specific fuse and it had blown however it is still not finding my iPhone when connected. It’s powering the phone, but nothing else. Is there anything anyone can recommend.

I have exactly the same issue. Have you managed to resolve it?
Sorry, very slow reply. No, I gave up. Recently revisited it and found the fuse was blown, replaced and still not resolved the issue. I’ve tried resetting and everything.

What colour is the plastic inside the USB socket? Sorry, what colour is the plastic of the wiring socket on the back of the USB fitting? If it's pink then I reckon you have the wrong type, I believe it needs to be green, and there may be some reprogramming with VCDS required.

FYI - and may be of interest.....I had just booked in with VW to have app connect activated on my 66 plate highline. The day before it was due to be done VW rang to warn me that my van after activation will not work with apple devices, ok for android but not apple. My wife and I both use iphones so cancelled the installation. I'm now looking for other alternatives.

I have seen on the 'advanced in car technologies' you tube channel installations where they upgrade/change the cable from the head unit to the dash, which may be a work around for some of you above experiencing problems. I will have to see if this can be done to my head unit.

VW charge way over the top for this service, plenty of people around now that can activate this for you much cheaper
If it’s not apple compatible it’s only because of the usb socket, this can swapped for a different version that will allow apple devices to work

I've got a got an Apple car play problem, have searched the forum, but cant't find a similar issue. I'm hoping someone can help!

Basically, my head unit seems to have stopped picking up my iphone when connected via USB. The van is a 2020 T6.1 Startline (with business pack), and we use iPhones

The background: I had the van serviced a couple of weeks ago before a holiday to Europe. While away, and using navigation on my phone, a couple of times Carplay dropped out - head unit wouldnt show any apps, and no audio, Both times, after switching off for a while, it seemed to sort itself out. However, fortunately just as we got off the ferry in the UK, it dropped again, and I can't get it working for love nor money. When I click on the 'App' on the headunit all i get is the message to connect a device

The phone charges via both USB ports. The phone connects via Bluetooth - so i can get audio, just no visuals

What i've tried:
Switching to a different phone - still doesnt work
Changing ports and cables (all MFI certified) - doesnt work
Leaving the head unit off for a while - no change
Holding the power button on the head unit to reset - no change
Rebooting iphone - no change
Resetting Car play on the phone - no change
Resetting media, app and phone settings on the van - no change

I'm at my wits end... I think it must be a software/coding/settings issue rather than hardware, but thats about it

Any ideas on things to change or reset to help diagnose or elimimate?

I'm also aware that the van was recently serviced and this could include a software update, However, all the forums seem to predate the last couple of years, Anything to look for?

thanks in advance

Hi,

Have you had any work done in or near the dash recently?

Do you know what software update was carried out?

Are you iPhones up to date iOS wise?

With the cables, I always recommend Original or Belkin, which ones are you using?

Hi,

Have you had any work done in or near the dash recently?

Do you know what software update was carried out?

Are you iPhones up to date iOS wise?

With the cables, I always recommend Original or Belkin, which ones are you using?
Thanks for the response
The I've used all kinds of cables - Apple OEM, Belkin and some other MFI certified. They all pass data on other devices, so i'm as sure as i can be it;s not that
I've tried 4 iphones - all up to date with latest updates. I had wondered if it was an iOS problem, but havent found any reports of issues
Which leaves the van! I dont know for if it was updated, but as it was serviced at a main dealer i suspect it might have been. But again, can't find any references to either similar problems or what the most recent version of he entertainment software should be. Any guidance welcome!

Oddly, at one point today a phone did reconnect and car play worked fine for an hour or two. But after a short stop it wouldnt connect again

i's puzzling - and frustrating!

Did you ever get the Apple CarPlay to work?
I have the software activated and works for android but the iPhone shows not supported

Back