CarLinKit AI Box

Hoarder

VIP Member
I have just bought one of these (T-Box) Full Android AI Box - Convert Your Car Screen to Android Tablet for my 2018 T6, fitted with the Discovery Media System.
Basically, when the AI box is plugged in to the vans usb, it connects via the Apple Car Play of the vehicle's infotainment system, giving an almost complete Android 9.0 system.
However... I can't seem to get mine to work - has anyone else tried one with their van?
When I plug the box into the usb, after a few seconds I get the message 'Reading USB Device', then nothing - Apple Car Play is still greyed out on the App Connect display. I've tried it in my partners Skoda Fabia & it seems to work fine, the Skoda's system taking a few seconds to identify the box ('Reading USB Device'), then selecting Apple Car Play gives you an Android 'desktop' on the screen.
I certainly have Android Auto activated in my T6's infotainment system which I think means that Apple Car Play is also activated?
Reading SSP_562__Infotainment_and_Car-Net_in_T6_2016_and_Caddy_2016
it says

If the "Comfort" mobile phone interface is fitted in conjunction with the Composition Media radio or the Discover Media radio navigation system in the vehicle, it has two Apple-capable USB connections and one AUX-IN connection.
The USB connections can also be ordered with support for Apple formats.

I have a comfort dash with a USB connector in the covered pocket beside the gear lever, plus USB + Aux in the upper glovebox. Which I'm guessing support the Apple format (I don't have an Apple phone to test it)?
Hope someone can help, as it looks like a great little add-on!

I find carplay really flaky on my Discovery Media. I seems to have a mind of it's own deciding whether it will work or not. I usually end up rebooting my phone or head unit or wiggling the lead sometimes works. If I plug my phone in the wifes car, carplay works first time, every time.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I recently bought the Carlink 4.0 kit which is supposed to do apple carplay and android auto (I have android). I can't seem to get it working at all. If I connect my phone via USB I do get the android auto option so in theory it should work, though seems really flakey and boots me out after a minute of connection, if it even connects at all.

We have a CPlay2Air box which seems to work faultlessly with the wife's iPhone for wireless apple carplay but doesn't have android support.

No I didn't, after numerous emails to the manufacturer/supplier in China, they ran out of suggestions and started back at the top of the list again. At that point I gave up and returned the box for a refund.

Back