Upgrading From The Famous £99 Ikea Bed..

Whilst it is possible to have the seatpod fitted fitted behind a set of rear seats in a SWB Kombi you wouldn't be able to drop it into the bed position whilst they are installed.
Wouldn’t a Kombi slidepod be a better option if wanting to leave the Kombi rear seats in?

Ho @SENTINEL Are you referring to the kombi slidepod or the seat slidepod?
The kombi Slidepods have a bed length including the folded front seats of 1980mm and the Seat slidepod has a bed length of 1860mm. This is from the rear doors/ tailgate :thumbsup:

The Seat Slidepod....but thank you for both dimensions. I will see how that works out. :)

@CALLAKN The Slidepod Seatpod comes as standard with the following for £2999
Slidepod seatpod seat / bed casing system with self supporting sliding bed system on runners rated to 275kg each (we have tested this in house to 200kg all loaded on the very end of the bed when laid out flat :).
utility slidepod drawer that can be fitted into either end of the system with lock in / out system.
Full kitchen Slidepod with double burner, sink, 19l grey water storage, x2 16l fresh water tanks integrated into the seat/bed system, storage cupboard with tambour door, lock in / out system gas delivery system for the burners, 7lpm self priming diaphram pump. this can also be mounted in either end of the seat / bed system.
60mm thick custom memory foam mattress.
Stainless steel fixing kit to fix it to the rear 4 load points of the van.
Choice of 450 finishes (the supply on some of these is being affected to covid 19 situation).

You can embellish it with any upgrades found on the rest of the Slidepod range like....
removable table
extra table rail for inside the van
led lighting upgrade
cutlary holder upgrade
matching swan neck table
shower system
tailored antislip matting in the cupboards
double USB charging point
12v socket

Hope that helps.

That’s ace mate, spot on. I will PM you what I PMd your Instagram team!

Wouldn’t a Kombi slidepod be a better option if wanting to leave the Kombi rear seats in?
I wish it was that simple! The rear seats are in/out regularly depending on family/business van use and it would be great to always have the option of a snooze no matter what. BUT when we go on holiday the extra space and height to sit up in bed would make a big difference to us....

Is there a way of adding a comparison table on the slidepods website to compare the various options?

I don't see why it wouldn't but we haven't tried it as yet. Did you spot we have a sale on? the sale ends tomorrow at 4.30pm and currently the seatpod is 10% off and all upgrades are 20% off :thumbsup:

I don't see why it wouldn't but we haven't tried it as yet. Did you spot we have a sale on? the sale ends tomorrow at 4.30pm and currently the seatpod is 10% off and all upgrades are 20% off :thumbsup:
Thanks, have dropped you an email.

I have Caravelle rails and a triple rear seat. I am looking for something like the Utility pod that doesn’t have the cooker and stuff in but will work with the triple seat to form the bed, either as a replacement for the Multiflex board or fit under it. Is there anything? I can’t find it on the website if there is. Thanks

yes the multi utility with a 1860mm long memory foam mattress is what you need @Skyliner33 and they are 10% off currently :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply. I saw that on your website but it looks to me like it’s got a sink and cooker etc. I am looking for something pretty much like that but without these. Thanks again.

What, if anything, do Slidepod users have for wet/inclement weather use of the Slidepod when cooking etc? Tailgate tents, awnings, a tarp slung over the tailgate to make a porch, or ?

Thanks for the reply. I saw that on your website but it looks to me like it’s got a sink and cooker etc. I am looking for something pretty much like that but without these. Thanks again.
Hi @Skyliner33 ..On page 2 is a picture of a utility pod ( my van) just a table top and a great storage box under it and a great bed too boot
AD22CA75-ABAC-4263-8429-A423E20AAA56.jpeg
@SENTINEL ..lots of guys that have the tailgate cooking pods have awning type covers ...mine being a utility pod ( has no cooker) use my grill or cadac to cook in my awning tent
0B47248B-83CC-4B63-965A-9CE7416CE91A.jpeg

What, if anything, do Slidepod users have for wet/inclement weather use of the Slidepod when cooking etc? Tailgate tents, awnings, a tarp slung over the tailgate to make a porch, or ?
tailgate awning when needed

Hello guys!

Since we have several months to sit tight, I’m going to start looking at upgrading the old Ikea bed. Slept in it this weekend, and it’s just not what I’m after anymore.

Really like the @slidepods , what’s the competitors on the market to these? What are people using?

love the slide pod idea, how easy would it be to make one that extends 3 times over (to compensate for the kombi seats we don’t want in when camping!!) want a nice living space that we have now, to then make an easy transition come night time...

So, day time, seating and chilling, and then easy slide out for a full bed at night...

Ikea bed does it so well, BUT we want something more sturdy and not one that’s hard to fold out over itself when both are in the van crammed in a corner whilst doing so , and then waiting for our vango air bed to self inflate!

pic to show how living space at present

View attachment 63778
Hi Callakn,

Take a look at the Ovano system (link below). Basically a birch ply system that you can store flat when not in use if required. Though not sure you would want to remove once fitted as it looks very flexible. Key feature being that can use either with or without the Kombi seats fitted. If seats removed then the bed rests on some legs that also double as locking supports for the bench seat position. Means you have the space that the seats would normally take up and a bench seat for the day. Then easily pull out the bed for night.

Back