Upgrading From The Famous £99 Ikea Bed..

Cambee r&r beds come with an easy fit system that fixes in permanently that the bed then attaches to. Its then removable but as I haven't got mine yet not sure how easily, the guys when we visited says 6 bolts.
The company were really helpful and have put 3inches on the seat base to give a full length 6'6" bed.

Hello guys!

Since we have several months to sit tight, I’m going to start looking at upgrading the old Ikea bed. Slept in it this weekend, and it’s just not what I’m after anymore.

Really like the @slidepods , what’s the competitors on the market to these? What are people using?

love the slide pod idea, how easy would it be to make one that extends 3 times over (to compensate for the kombi seats we don’t want in when camping!!) want a nice living space that we have now, to then make an easy transition come night time...

So, day time, seating and chilling, and then easy slide out for a full bed at night...

Ikea bed does it so well, BUT we want something more sturdy and not one that’s hard to fold out over itself when both are in the van crammed in a corner whilst doing so , and then waiting for our vango air bed to self inflate!

pic to show how living space at present

View attachment 63778

We already make exactly what you are after you should get in touch with us :thumbsup:

Probably dealing with Rich or Anna on insta? I'm Jonny. Is it the new slidepod seatpod you have seen?

Probably dealing with Rich or Anna on insta? I'm Jonny. Is it the new slidepod seatpod you have seen?

yes, I was sent some pics of your latest one (the red one) love it ! Price is a lot more than your kombi one.. but I know it’s bigger and different to the kombi one.

definitely on the list, let’s get through this pandemic

@CALLAKN ..if it helps we ended up with slidepods ..but went for the thicker mattress....we took out our single kombi seat out for better access.. however if you choose to remove your seats the pods frame can be extended with additional brackets so you still get the full bed ...so the flexibility is you can have it both ways (seats in or out)
372E7440-2A47-4EDD-80F0-B34A2E6879B6.png

umm ..seams there’s an updated version ...new seatpod ...my setup might not suit.

Last edited:
yes, I was sent some pics of your latest one (the red one) love it ! Price is a lot more than your kombi one.. but I know it’s bigger and different to the kombi one.

definitely on the list, let’s get through this pandemic

Its actually not that much more when you brake it down.....

Kombi + mattress + utility drawer with no other options = £2950 inc vat and fitting......

Seatpod inc mattress and utillity drawer within standard spec £2999 inc vat and fitting for only a £49 difference

The £2999 is an introduction price. We are aiming for it to continue at this but if we cant get margin on products from suppliers or manufacture time down this will likely go up.
Also we have just ordered another 40 or so sink burner units only to be told that the price is about to jump by nearly 20% (nothing to do with them being produced in Italy and supply about to go sparse and suppliers lining their pockets.....)

The £2999 is an introduction price. We are aiming for it to continue at this but if we cant get margin on products from suppliers or manufacture time down this will likely go up.
Also we have just ordered another 40 or so sink burner units only to be told that the price is about to jump by nearly 20% (nothing to do with them being produced in Italy and supply about to go sparse and suppliers lining their pockets.....)

So the red edition that is your launch product is what price Jonny? Seat pod and lining March 2020 images – Google Drive

Presuming you can have , cooker out the back of the van and storage cabinet heading into the van?

@CALLAKN ...mine was a utility pod (no cooker or sink) simple storage and a good bed ..love it ...but the wife didn’t want cooking smells in the van and as we use an awning tent we cook in there or alfresco so you can talk with others as you cook and chill..but my set up might not suit , but leaves a lot more dosh to spend on other bit..just an idea...but don’t let me sway you from Slidepods other ranges. Nothing of quality is cheap...but it is good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@CALLAKN ...mine was a utility pod (no cooker or sink) simple storage and a good bed ..love it ...but the wife didn’t want cooking smells in the van and as we use an awning tent we cook in there or alfresco so you can talk with others as you cook and chill..but my set up might not suit , but leaves a lot more dosh to spend on other bit..just an idea...but don’t let me sway you from Slidepods other ranges. Nothing of quality is cheap...but it is good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now I totally like your idea. I get it, but I’m happy to have cooking out the back of the van. Just for cups of tea and pasta etc, we will still BBQ IN summer with Awning

Cool :cool::cool:

ps next year maybe..

Last edited:
@CALLAKN The Slidepod Seatpod comes as standard with the following for £2999
Slidepod seatpod seat / bed casing system with self supporting sliding bed system on runners rated to 275kg each (we have tested this in house to 200kg all loaded on the very end of the bed when laid out flat :).
utility slidepod drawer that can be fitted into either end of the system with lock in / out system.
Full kitchen Slidepod with double burner, sink, 19l grey water storage, x2 16l fresh water tanks integrated into the seat/bed system, storage cupboard with tambour door, lock in / out system gas delivery system for the burners, 7lpm self priming diaphram pump. this can also be mounted in either end of the seat / bed system.
60mm thick custom memory foam mattress.
Stainless steel fixing kit to fix it to the rear 4 load points of the van.
Choice of 450 finishes (the supply on some of these is being affected to covid 19 situation).

You can embellish it with any upgrades found on the rest of the Slidepod range like....
removable table
extra table rail for inside the van
led lighting upgrade
cutlary holder upgrade
matching swan neck table
shower system
tailored antislip matting in the cupboards
double USB charging point
12v socket

Hope that helps.

@CALLAKN The Slidepod Seatpod comes as standard with the following for £2999
Slidepod seatpod seat / bed casing system with self supporting sliding bed system on runners rated to 275kg each (we have tested this in house to 200kg all loaded on the very end of the bed when laid out flat :).
utility slidepod drawer that can be fitted into either end of the system with lock in / out system.
Full kitchen Slidepod with double burner, sink, 19l grey water storage, x2 16l fresh water tanks integrated into the seat/bed system, storage cupboard with tambour door, lock in / out system gas delivery system for the burners, 7lpm self priming diaphram pump. this can also be mounted in either end of the seat / bed system.
60mm thick custom memory foam mattress.
Stainless steel fixing kit to fix it to the rear 4 load points of the van.
Choice of 450 finishes (the supply on some of these is being affected to covid 19 situation).

You can embellish it with any upgrades found on the rest of the Slidepod range like....
removable table
extra table rail for inside the van
led lighting upgrade
cutlary holder upgrade
matching swan neck table
shower system
tailored antislip matting in the cupboards
double USB charging point
12v socket

Hope that helps.

In a Kombi SWB - When bed is open/extended what is length between the front of the bed and the back of the front seats (seats in normal position, not swivelled around)? Many thanks

Ho @SENTINEL Are you referring to the kombi slidepod or the seat slidepod?
The kombi Slidepods have a bed length including the folded front seats of 1980mm and the Seat slidepod has a bed length of 1860mm. This is from the rear doors/ tailgate :thumbsup:

@slidepods Hi, is it possible to keep the seatpod fitted if I happen to also have the rear 2+1 kombi seats fitted in SWB? If so, will it also convert into a bed if these seats are folded flat? Thanks

Last edited:
@slidepods Hi, is it possible to keep the seatpod fitted if I happen to also have the rear 2+1 kombi seats fitted in SWB? If so, will it also convert into a bed if these seats are folded flat? Thanks

Whilst it is possible to have the seatpod fitted fitted behind a set of rear seats in a SWB Kombi you wouldn't be able to drop it into the bed position whilst they are installed.

Back