Upgrading Dash panel insert MFD

1981dan

hiya can anyone help with any information regarding possibility of changing the clocks, speedo, in a startline, t6 to a highline dash clocks, (one with temp gauge) i have read a few people asking but no one seems to answer, apart from to plug a app, in to get a temp gauge, which i would rather not do, i know hazzydayz do them, and they also sell second hand clocks! and i also read that they can also programme and code in a set of second hand ones also, but it seams like only hazzydayz and vw direct can do this!!! is this true? can a set be coded by vagcom? or vcp? as vagcom codes keys so surly that would mean recoding the key and ecu/bcm to the new/secondhand clocks? (the imobi in the clocks is part of coding a key) just the same if i lost my keys! just wondering anyway as lots of people are asking but no real answers, apart from use a app, cheers

Hi all,

Is it possible to retrofit a dash panel insert with the temperature and petrol level and upgraded display in the center.

I have the very basic dash panel insert. image.jpg
And this is the one I found on ebay
29C3C38C-F582-49E7-83A2-3F9EC1945D52.jpeg
9318A189-261B-438A-8B72-52AF5AE0A6BD.jpeg

What is required to do this swap ?
I suppose it’s not a direct swap (mileage, immobiliser?…)

Thanks

Didier

Long story short.
You need to read EEPROM content from your both Instrument Clusters.
To read it and to write it back you can use Vag-Tacho (via OBD2 socket) or CH341A (directly from the chip on PCB).
Then you need to transfer mileage and encrypted immo data from your "old" EEPROM dump to the "new" one.
And then upload this updated EEPROM dump back to your "new" Instrument Cluster.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for this answer. Seems doable but I think I will put this aside as I don't have the equipment and don't know how to use it yet...

Maybe one day if I find time and a good price for the dash insert ;)

Hum OK.. So maybe I will go for it ;)

Do you know the part number of a colour instrument cluster?

I found a 7E0920870S (250€)

I found a good (I think) price for a 7E0920871A (74€)

Is there lots of different part numbers?

Do you know the difference between these two?

Have a look here.
T6 has 3 types of Instrument Cluster.
The one with colour centre display is called 3D Premium and part numbers are
7E0920980 (analog speed in mph & km/h)
7E0920880 (analog speed in km/h only)

Reactions: mmi
Have searched on internet and was about to answer to myself :slow rofl:
Thanks Robert

But I can't find why the one I found cheap is 871 instead of 870. Have an idea?

Maybe I should wait to find a 880... Is it a great upgrade or can I have all the same menus on the 871 except the colour?

Can I get the SET CCS speed on the Plus ? or does this need the Premium?

Last edited:
You can do Instrument Cluster adaptation yourself and it will cost you below €10.
Bought it

Bought this cluster too for 75€
EE4407A0-57C8-4279-9140-540FC833879D.jpeg

Hope you will be able do guide me for making it work :D

Last edited:
You can do Instrument Cluster adaptation yourself and it will cost you below €10.
Hi Robert,

I received all the stuff and started opening everything.

I used the following Youtube tutorial you sent on another post and files from this guy:

I then Plugged my original cluster and retrieved the data with CH341A programmer
I plugged in the replacement cluster and also retieved data with CH341A programmer

I then modified the bin file of the replacement cluster with Vag Dash Editor by using the section below:
1649193036460.png
I checked the box and selected my original cluster bin file. This created a new BIN file.

I then plugged the new cluster and transferred this new BIN file on it with CH341A programmer.

I fitted in the new cluster in my van. Unfortunately, it won't start...

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Didier

Hi Robert,

I received all the stuff and started opening everything.

I used the following Youtube tutorial you sent on another post and files from this guy:

I then Plugged my original cluster and retrieved the data with CH341A programmer
I plugged in the replacement cluster and also retieved data with CH341A programmer

I then modified the bin file of the replacement cluster with Vag Dash Editor by using the section below:
View attachment 151953
I checked the box and selected my original cluster bin file. This created a new BIN file.

I then plugged the new cluster and transferred this new BIN file on it with CH341A programmer.

I fitted in the new cluster in my van. Unfortunately, it won't start...

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Didier
Did you sort this ? If so how

1) wasting your time, and you can do more damages on dials , step motors etc if you have no knowledge with even simple open cluster
2) SW2030 is not possible to millage/immo, , also depend of your current cluster , you might need to remove Component protection - and this can be do online ONLY
3) Swap cluster online require vw permission firs, then after key match/ immo you can do millage if your cluster is till 2018 and you have compatybile tools
4) that software you show for immo transfer - is a fake., it transfer only crypto area, and every crypto area is code by CPU indyvidualy, so to use this function you need first do CLUSTER CLONE (CPu + epp) and then you can transfer "immo"...
.....talk with someone who do that ,

Reactions: das
Hi everyone ... can I get some help ... is part number 7E0920870S the one with premium, colour MFD?

Back