T6.1 upgrade from startline to highline dash clocks, can it be done?

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening, can a startline spec dash clocks be upgraded to highline ones? There are several for sale around £100 and would like the better display between the tacho and speedo. Obviously it would need the mileage corrected but can it be done?cheers

Anythings possible but you would need someone who knows what they are doing, be aware that generaslly mileage can only be increased and not decreased so if the one you buy is higher that your current mileage that may be an issue, i think there are some people that can do mileage in either direction but not sure how common it is so will be worth double checking

Another thing to note is that the dash cluster holds your immo data so when you change clocks you also have to reprogram all your keys, if you swap the clocks yourself you wont be able to start the van after

We tried replacing an instrument cluster last year in my 6.1 California. The new use cluster had verry low milage, lower than mine.
But vw software wouldn't accept it, since the used cluster was already assigned to another car. No matter what they tried VW software wouldn't allow it.
A brand new cluster worked fine. So don't be tempted to buy a used cluster for your 6.1. It's money thrown away.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks matey for the reply, really appreciate it. Such a shame but that's vw for you

Back