Digital Dash / Infortainment Problems T6.1

secretK9agent

VIP Member
T6 Pro
21 Plate T6.1

Purchased van 2nd hand from VanHaven, got them to fit a Digital Dash (among various other internal upgrades).

Over the year the van has had 7 trips to VW Marshall Commercial Reading to fix the infortainment taking 10-20mins to boot after being off for 8+ hours. Each time, reverted back to the issue.

A few months ago on the 8th trip they replaced the 5F module, the SOS and did various updates. All appeared fixed finally, until a month or so ago.

VW have now had the van two weeks, they can get it to work, until they code in the digital dash, the problem then starts again. They're going to try again tomorrow but VW HQ have diagnosed the issue as incompatible digital dash. Officially they have exhausted their options.

Has anyone else faced this? Any thoughts I could pass to VW? I'm at a total loss.

I do have the analogue dash in boxes in the attic, Id rather not go back to the manual clocks etc but it seems like I have no option. I have also messaged VanHaven.

I would get them to sort with the original dash to get all the coding spot on. Then refit and recode the digital dash afterwards. Bit of a ballache but I feel this will be the only way to resolve your issue.

I would get them to sort with the original dash to get all the coding spot on. Then refit and recode the digital dash afterwards. Bit of a ballache but I feel this will be the only way to resolve your issue.
Thank you! Thankfully I do have the originals.

I'll take them to VW in the morning!

It's never been right, like you say then will be "back to factory" to then move forward with

Once all sorted, if you are near to us we can code the digital dashboards properly. The only issue with any dash retrofit is when it goes back to VW for any software update, they only update to the original built specification, and not the updated digital dash spec (if that makes sense)

Back