Unlock CarPlay

cfdave

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all. I’m picking up a 2017 t6 highline on Friday. And I noticed that the head unit needs unlocking for CarPlay.

they've quoted me £220 to unlock it.

Can this be done any cheaper?

Thank you

CarPlay or carnet?

What radio?

I had this too, they had to change the usb to the worlds most expensive usb cable as well as just unlocking the function. I think if this isn’t required then it can be done cheaper

You will struggle to find it cheaper but some models do need a replacement USB so make sure that the charge includes any extra bits that may be needed.
just done some digging and this is the usb you need - green one

6523F71C-E7FB-49D7-8E36-247E119CA31E.jpeg

Last edited:
Is anyone able to turn on App Connect and voice command on my T6? I’m sick of the woeful sat nav. I’m near to Manchester but travel about a fair bit.

Ooh, thanks for that.
They may have cracked the ‘protection’ but if you do a search here on the forum you will discover that not all the USB ports fitted by VW are compatible so it’s perhaps not as straightforward as suggested.

@cfdave

They may have cracked the ‘protection’ but if you do a search here on the forum you will discover that not all the USB ports fitted by VW are compatible so it’s perhaps not as straightforward as suggested.
Just had App connect activated today by North East VAG adaptations.

Hey all,

New to this forum - got myself a 2nd hand T6 combi from main dealer yesterday. Was playing with infotainment system today when realised that I couldn’t use the voice activation feature or the App button on the head unit.
both just say App Connect needs activation key please contact dealer.
I tried connecting my iphone (X) with USB & long pressing the voice button but this didn’t do anything either.
Do i just have to stump up the cash (£200?) or am I missing something- ever VW owner car & van seems to think they never had any of this?
my NAV is fully loaded & functioning??
Appreciate the advice.

Cheers for reply - checked your site out - can this be done remotely?
Yes- you’ll need a laptop and the correct USB socket. He’ll dial in to your laptop, do the business, then delete the file he used and then empty your Recycle Bin. Takes 10 mins tops.

Yes- you’ll need a laptop and the correct USB socket. He’ll dial in to your laptop, do the business, then delete the file he used and then empty your Recycle Bin. Takes 10 mins tops.
Cool ok - well I work in IT anyway so have all the gear....
Called VW in meantime.....
£230 for voice activation
£250 for car play

unbelieveable!

Back to this topic one year after.

Still looking for a solution to unlock app connect without financing Volkswagen extortion...

Me too I understand VW want £400 to unlock app connect there must be a work around out there with all the clever people on here, even if you have to change the stock usb port physically

Me too I understand VW want £400 to unlock app connect there must be a work around out there with all the clever people on here, even if you have to change the stock usb port physically
There is: North east vag adaptations see 2 posts above plus he’s a top bloke

Back