North East VAG Adaptions - App Connect

Lambchoplee

VIP Member
Hi there! Recently said hello and asked about North East VAG Adaptions in the new members area. Decided to go ahead and give it a whirl and it's working just great. Sent the guy a dm on Facebook. Took a couple of pics of the head unit and he said he could do it. He uses Anydesk.com to send a file to an sd card plugged into your laptop. You bob the sd card in the van, run the software update and bobs your uncle - CarPlay works like a charm! Takes around ten minutes and cost £100.

IMG_3406.JPG

so the phone has to be connected to the USB socket on the dash . . . . ?

what phone you running?

so the phone has to be connected to the USB socket on the dash . . . . ?

what phone you running?
I saw a new product yesterday that you plug into the USB and it provides a bluetooth connection to the phone for wireless CarPlay. I’ll find a link to it..

I saw a new product yesterday that you plug into the USB and it provides a bluetooth connection to the phone for wireless CarPlay. I’ll find a link to it..
This one?

@Insert Coin has one whilst I’m debating on getting one myself

Ok. So I just ordered one of them wireless carplay adapters - now need to get carplay!!

FYI - the wireless carplay adapter is $130 (£103 today) with free shipping. Not sure about import duty yet. Meant to arrive in 4-6 business days ....

I’ll have a Car2Play for sale soon due to Absolut5 replacing my whole system. I’ll stick it in the for sale section for £50 to the first buyer.

I’ll have a Car2Play for sale soon due to Absolut5 replacing my whole system. I’ll stick it in the for sale section for £50 to the first buyer.
@Insert Coin i’d be interested in this for £50! Had a look, but don’t think you’ve listed it in the for sale section yet, so thought I’d comment here...

Just had Car Play activated - including Voice Activation and Sport Monitor - via North East VAG Adaptions. Simple process, all done remotely with great communication and took minutes to do. £100 well spent I reckon!

Hi all thought i would share this as it may be of use, i saw VAG North on a transporter FB group im on, said that they could activate my app-connect for me remotely so i can use carplay on my T6. Was £100 and very quick.

He emailed me some files and i extracted them to the root of my maps SD Card using my PC (could use any SD card). I then held menu button down for 5 secs told it to do an update via the SD and it unlocked it. Result! No cloud activation or anything required so should work for anyone with same head unit.

Back