Under Bonnet Lining.

Carl1974

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the best noise cancelling to put under my bonnet please. I’m looking to get an undertray and also lime under the bonnet.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the best noise cancelling to put under my bonnet please. I’m looking to get an undertray and also lime under the bonnet.
Hi Did you get sorted with under the bonnet sound proofing as I have a as new one that I bought and did not need it (long story) for sale with the 10 panel clips out of a new t6, I am in Newcastle upon Tyne if it is any good for you at £20

Would silent coat mat under the bonnet cover work?
There are concerns over using bitumen based products in areas of high heat so this is probably a no no in that respect. Also, silent coat is designed to add mass to panels and change their resonant frequencies. The bonnet panel is unlikely to vibrate due to its shape, size and reinforcement.
The engine bay needs sound proofing rather than deadening (à la Silent Coat) so something like Dodo mat or any acoustic foam would be better suited. This won't stop engine noise coming in the cabin though....

There are concerns over using bitumen based products in areas of high heat so this is probably a no no in that respect. Also, silent coat is designed to add mass to panels and change their resonant frequencies. The bonnet panel is unlikely to vibrate due to its shape, size and reinforcement.
The engine bay needs sound proofing rather than deadening (à la Silent Coat) so something like Dodo mat or any acoustic foam would be better suited. This won't stop engine noise coming in the cabin though....

email from Silent Coat Comp

Hi Lucio.

We have had no issues with installations under bonnet when used within he normal data sheet limits. Please note to avoid placement close to high heat sources eg turbo or exhaust manifolds.
Adhesion is very strong when applied to a clean grease / silicone free suface.
We recommend using a roller to ensure good pressure during installation.

Regards
SDS Team

Back