Uncomfortable drivers seat

Absolutely not, the problem with the T5/6 driving position for me is that it's NOT a 90 degree bend at my knees, I'm sat on my arse cheeks and the rest of the backs of my legs vault clear of the seats and have no support so the extra height at the front made it so much more comfortable. The extra cushioning and side support on top of that made it as comfortable as a car driving position. Had I been able to get armrests to fit on them, they would have been perfect for me

Would never of said that looking at picture I guess all people have different positions they find comfortable I'm just going on our Cayenne and RR sport seats that are pretty flat bottom seats
Maybe get the old ones reformed and covered

Is the full electric carevelle seat different to normal kombi and vans as I've found ours comfortable and done 4 hour no stop journey's 5-11" 15st wife 5-6" 9st we both haven't found them uncomfortable
I have noticed the mat is wearing very bad where your foot is at such an angle after 5k
We have the full electric drivers seat with electric twin lumber supports and arm rests. It is very very comfortable for both the Mrs 5'3" 10st; and me 6' and 17+St. But we really do have it set up completely different, I have it low and back, she high and forward. If the seat height adjustment was not available to us, I think we would find it a real problem.

There are lots of seats available to fit in a transporters VW Transport T5 Sport Seat Options - GSM Sport Seats just depends what you want really as has been said we are all different shapes and sizes so what suits one will not suit another + depends on how much time you spend in the saddle. As a lot of you guys spend lots of time driving you need the best to seat to fit you...saves a num bum :D

It's not a straight swap but it's doable. Depending on seat frame, it will need new holes drilling or preferably an adapter making from box section steel as the mounting holes will not line up. The reason I used Audi A8 seats was that all the controls for adjusting the seat and heating, plus the seat belt fastener, were mounted directly to the seat which is important if it's not a manual seat. I'll have a look and see if I have any photos anywhere from when I did my T5, though I know it was on a trip immediately after finishing that I destroyed my phone and lost a lot :(
Yeah the seat belt buckle was the thing missing from the golf seat and there's also the wire that tells the van you're wearing your seat belt.
Thanks for getting back to me though mate and sorry about your phone getting trashed

I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what it entails. All I can report is that I have seen a couple of vans with front seats out of an Audi.
OK Dave not a problem it was a shot in the dark and guess that's what I'll have to keep my eyes open for an audi seat.

Hi all,
I desperately need some advice from people who know what they are talking about. Here goes....I have recently picked up a new T6 Sportline, great van but can't get comfortable when driving for any length of time, the leather seat is like sitting on a park bench, any suggestions on how to make it more comfortable? The dealers are saying nothing can be done!!

Yes I’ve found the seats to be really uncomfortable and unsupportive too, but I haven’t found an answer yet. There is a company offering a half-Recaro conversion but unfortunately it’s the wrong half - they replace the backrest whereas I’m fine with that, it’s the squab that you actually sit on they I want replacing.

Yes I’ve found the seats to be really uncomfortable and unsupportive too, but I haven’t found an answer yet. There is a company offering a half-Recaro conversion but unfortunately it’s the wrong half - they replace the backrest whereas I’m fine with that, it’s the squab that you actually sit on they I want replacing.
I’m sure if you speak to Vision Upholstery who do the Recaro back, there may be something they can do to the base. Your other option is try to pick up an Audi S3 seat and try to marry it to the T6 seat mount. Have read a couple of articles about it being done.

I’m sure if you speak to Vision Upholstery who do the Recaro back, there may be something they can do to the base. Your other option is try to pick up an Audi S3 seat and try to marry it to the T6 seat mount. Have read a couple of articles about it being done.
Really? That would be interesting, though I would want to keep the armrests. I even looked into having a full recaro seat (driver side only as it only bothers me) and that was looking like coming in at £1600+

We went for 1/2 leather; 1/2 Alcantara after watching many You-Tube reviews of the T6 and other SUV's by autogefühl, and visiting show rooms. It is imo far more comfortable than full leather particularly in a T6 up right seat config.
On out Vel we have the ability to tilt the base (front and rear separately); so effectively we can lower/higher the seat, and alter the angle of the base. Also we can adjust the lumber both in/out and up/down. My Mrs is 5'3'' I'm 6ft and our frames are very different. We both find the T6 to be very comfortable even after 6 hours driving.
What adjustment have you got on your drivers seat?

I agree, seats unsuportive and lack adjustment. I decided that the seat base was to flat so made up a couple of box sections which raise the front of the seat by an inch. Much more comfortable.

We went for 1/2 leather; 1/2 Alcantara after watching many You-Tube reviews of the T6 and other SUV's by autogefühl, and visiting show rooms. It is imo far more comfortable than full leather particularly in a T6 up right seat config.
On out Vel we have the ability to tilt the base (front and rear separately); so effectively we can lower/higher the seat, and alter the angle of the base. Also we can adjust the lumber both in/out and up/down. My Mrs is 5'3'' I'm 6ft and our frames are very different. We both find the T6 to be very comfortable even after 6 hours driving.
What adjustment have you got on your drivers seat?
Oh, we did opt for the electrically adjusted/memory drivers seat, which I think has more adjustment than a standard Vel seat. What ever it is we certainly find it very comfy.

Hi @t6bug , sorry to hear that you're finding the van uncomfortable.
Before spending money on the seat however, that may not be the real culprit.
I found the driving position itself to be a large part of the cause - not the seat itself. I got a bit uncomfortable after long spells driving, so I started making a few changes to the driving position - in the end I settled on lowering the seat base and reclining the seat back - and it made a huge difference. :thumbsup:
Making changes like this alters your weight distribution in the seat and for me it meant that my legs were a bit more "in front" and a bit less "underneath" me which seemed to help me.
I've done several 500+ mile days in the van since with no trouble.
Hope you get sorted.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies some good tips and ideas there will give it a go and let you know,

Back