UK & Euro Breakdown Cover

I have used QDOS in the past for short-term EU policies - I just ran my T6 through for a week in Europe next month to test current pricing and the quote came back at just under £25 for a week and a bit.

And thanks for the reminder - I am due to sort some new UK/personal Breakdown cover for myself and see their UK policy includes towing cover as standard. Bonus! :thumbsup:

We use Green Flag, covers the T32 & the boat. Full euro cover.
I’ve was looking at prices for single-trip European breakdown cover policies when I saw this - you might be worth checking your fine print just in case, as the quote was based one inputting the van index, which should really have flagged up there and then as one they wouldn’t cover. This might only be for single policies, but thought I’d post it just in case

659D6296-1D85-4A55-BDCB-C2ED5BA5CE6C.jpeg

Did you get this via a price comparison site or direct with green flag? The cover varies depending on how you buy it.
I obtained the price via MoneySupermarket, and then went to their site and ran the quote independently.

Ended up going with QDOS - and it worked out a few quid cheaper running it through them direct.

I obtained the price via MoneySupermarket, and then went to their site and ran the quote independently.

Ended up going with QDOS - and it worked out a few quid cheaper running it through them direct.
Mine is covered as a VW motor Caravan
E180CE5C-E565-4A1C-9F9D-0C2759C3B52C.jpeg

I’ve was looking at prices for single-trip European breakdown cover policies when I saw this - you might be worth checking your fine print just in case, as the quote was based one inputting the van index, which should really have flagged up there and then as one they wouldn’t cover. This might only be for single policies, but thought I’d post it just in case

View attachment 166482
Seems odd when its clear that a transporter would fit the criteria in point 1 on weight and dimensions.

Had a similar issue in a quote from NFU this year in the standard RAC t’s and c’s, but when I queried it, they confirmed in writing that I would be covered.

Maybe it’s just an anti-Transit thing!!

It was also odd with the trailer. When I did a comparison site jobby, there were strict limitations on the size/weight of trailer. We tow a 2000kg boat on a 4 wheel trailer. The comparison site quotes wouldn’t cover our size of trailer. When I went direct to Green Flag, I was told (and have it in writing) that they would cover any trailer that was being towed legally by the insured vehicle. Also, they would cover the trailer itself for breakdown.

Does anybody have experiences good or bad with Call Assist UK and European Breakdown Cover? My Green Flag renewal quote has included a few unimpressive caveats this year.

Does anybody have experiences good or bad with Call Assist UK and European Breakdown Cover? My Green Flag renewal quote has included a few unimpressive caveats this year.

What are the GF caveats ?
Have you gone directly to GF or via a price comparison site/third party. The products vary.

What are the GF caveats ?
Have you gone directly to GF or via a price comparison site/third party. The products vary.
It’s direct with Green Flag already.
Changes are:
Previously: we’d ’suggest’ you drive to a car accessories shop or garage to get a repair.
Renewal: you ’need’ you to drive to a car…………

Breakdown at home has been removed.

Premium has increased by 25% at renewal.

It’s direct with Green Flag already.
Changes are:
Previously: we’d ’suggest’ you drive to a car accessories shop or garage to get a repair.
Renewal: you ’need’ you to drive to a car…………

Breakdown at home has been removed.

Premium has increased by 25% at renewal.
Have you spoken to them in person, they will usually do a deal. It’s only an insurance company after all & they want to keep your business.

Have you spoken to them in person, they will usually do a deal. It’s only an insurance company after all & they want to keep your business.
Not yet.
I was enquiring about Call Assist Ltd as they seem fairly comprehensive but I did a search and nothing on T6 Forum, has anybody used them?

Currently in Southern Spain, via France. I have breakdown with Nationwide which then subs to AA. Broke down on a Thursday morning 13th 10.30am, as I was about to leave a glorious camp site at Uzerche In mid France. Contacted Nationwide hotline and about 20 minutes later was told a breakdown would be with me in 60-90 minutes. At 4.00pm rang again and was told would be later that afternoon. Contacted again at 9.30am on the Friday, and said again would be with me lunch time. A local Frenchman just laughed he said France was playing Rugby that afternoon, and had no chance. 2 more calls, on the 5th promise said would attend Saturday morning the garage had said there was road works and could not get to the site, yet Mohos, and caravans were coming and going the whole time we were there.
He eventually turned up on the Saturday morning, at 9.00am took away the 2" hard plastic fuel line at the top of the engine which had split, and was back by 9.45. On the road at 10am some 47 hours after reporting. His excuse was the office on the Thursday morning said I was there for a month and there was no rush, so he decided all along to come on the Saturday morning. I told them I was 1 night at the camp site, but in France and Spain for a month.
Nationwide cover is £13 a month but also gives health care and a few other benefits.
SO all Bi Turbo engine 2.0lt owners have a 2 " flexi rubber pipe with you in the side pocket. Why VW used a hard plastic that was bound to split at some time,?? cheap cheap cheap.

Currently in Southern Spain, via France. I have breakdown with Nationwide which then subs to AA. Broke down on a Thursday morning 13th 10.30am, as I was about to leave a glorious camp site at Uzerche In mid France. Contacted Nationwide hotline and about 20 minutes later was told a breakdown would be with me in 60-90 minutes. At 4.00pm rang again and was told would be later that afternoon. Contacted again at 9.30am on the Friday, and said again would be with me lunch time. A local Frenchman just laughed he said France was playing Rugby that afternoon, and had no chance. 2 more calls, on the 5th promise said would attend Saturday morning the garage had said there was road works and could not get to the site, yet Mohos, and caravans were coming and going the whole time we were there.
He eventually turned up on the Saturday morning, at 9.00am took away the 2" hard plastic fuel line at the top of the engine which had split, and was back by 9.45. On the road at 10am some 47 hours after reporting. His excuse was the office on the Thursday morning said I was there for a month and there was no rush, so he decided all along to come on the Saturday morning. I told them I was 1 night at the camp site, but in France and Spain for a month.
Nationwide cover is £13 a month but also gives health care and a few other benefits.
SO all Bi Turbo engine 2.0lt owners have a 2 " flexi rubber pipe with you in the side pocket. Why VW used a hard plastic that was bound to split at some time,?? cheap cheap cheap.
When you’ve time, could you post a pic of the offending bit of pipe in its location on the engine, for future ref. Ta!

Got a pic of it?

Back