VW assist only 12 months cover

DarrenTT

T6 Pro
Hi all, I’ve had my t6.1 from new since September last year. I’ve just received a letter through the post from vw saying my 12months vw assist is coming to an end and I can extend for £99/year.
My question is, is it worth the £99 to continue the vw assist or just rely on my breakdown cover that is included in my bank account?

Is your bank account cover AA? I ask because they do a lot of VW assist work so maybe you could save yourself the £99.

It’s green flag. I’ve had previous experience with the vag assist and they were pretty good

Depends on who the bank has signed up as the provider! Many of these “package” accounts cost more than the “extras” they provide.

*Takes another swig from his bottle of cynicism

There are threads on here suggesting VW assist gets priority if your van is hauled off to a dealership so maybe that's something to consider?

I think you only get a year’s cover with a new vehicle, I only had one year when I got my Tiguan.

My only experience of VW Assist was when I called them out for a side door that wouldn't close properly - at that point the van was just on 2 years old and when I called, I was given the option of an AA van or a VW Assist van - I chose the latter as it wasn't time critical. I must confess that I never questioned whether I had anything but three years worth of VW Assist when I bought it as I assumed that it just ran along with the original warranty - it must have done as VW Assist came and sorted it out (including fitting new parts etc.) and I didn't get any comment from the call centre or driver / tech about my VW Assist having expired (nor a bill).

It’s green flag. I’ve had previous experience with the vag assist and they were pretty good
i was told recently that green flag sub contract all recoveries and thats why if you're out of luck you can wait ages for a recovery. the difference being AA hand RAC have their own fleet. its made me think twice about the cover we get free from our lasses job.

@bytejunkie Thats why I rejoined The AA again this year for my other car after the ‘Audi Assist’ ran out. After a bit of haggling, they weren’t a lot more money either. I’m not worried so much for me but wouldn’t want my wife sitting around for hours on her own waiting for help.

Hi all, I’ve had my t6.1 from new since September last year. I’ve just received a letter through the post from vw saying my 12months vw assist is coming to an end and I can extend for £99/year.
My question is, is it worth the £99 to continue the vw assist or just rely on my breakdown cover that is included in my bank account?

Is there a reason why you only have 12 months from new instead of the normal 3 years?

I believe VW Assist for commercial vehicles is 3 years, per this link

Anyone any idea why the conflicting info? I am 6 months in and would like to know if I have 1 or 3 years of this?

Thanks.

I had the same off Vw and Land Rover a year after buying a 6 month old vehicle, they both apologised when I pointed out that I was covered for 3 years, were they trying it on? Who knows.

I’ve just received another renewal notice from vw. I’ll give them a ring in the 0800 number as the dealership said it has 3 yrs.

It’s a doh moment. Just done some checking and the 12 months vw assist is for my vw Passat. For cars it’s only twelve months which considering the cost of the car is more than a bit crap

When I got my T6, VW Assist was for 3 years, in line with the warranty…. Have they dropped it to 12 months VW Assist for all now? :thumbsdown:

Edit: just noticed your update! :cool:

Back