VW assist only 12 months cover

I've been given the run around this morning on the VW assist confusion. I was told by 2 different vw call centre service people that I wasn't covered by vw assist even though my t6 is still under warranty for another 11 months. I then got through to my local van centre (who is booked up until March.....wtf?).... I have a sliding door issue that won't lock or shut... and was told try vw assist instead. I called them and sure enough I am covered until the warranty expires. They sent a vw tech out within 30mins and he is in the process of fixing it now as I write this..

@Haled I can't help about VW Assist but I did have the same problem with my side door for not shutting properly. The VW Assist guy turned up and had the part to fix it in his van (which also tells you that it's probably a common enough issue to warrant a recall IMHO). However, it happened again a while afterwards and I fiddled with the interior locking catch and handle and it sorted itself out BUT I don't really know what I did!! That was probably a couple of years ago now and the problem hasn't come back.

Hi @avjay thanks for the message, it's been intermittently sticking over the last few months tbh, the vw assist guy has removed the locking mechanism as it broken internally and has now gone to get a replacement part as he didn't have one on the van.

I think your correct in it being a common issue

Cheers

I've been given the run around this morning on the VW assist confusion. I was told by 2 different vw call centre service people that I wasn't covered by vw assist even though my t6 is still under warranty for another 11 months. I then got through to my local van centre (who is booked up until March.....wtf?).... I have a sliding door issue that won't lock or shut... and was told try vw assist instead. I called them and sure enough I am covered until the warranty expires. They sent a vw tech out within 30mins and he is in the process of fixing it now as I write this..
The mixed messaging about what cover you do or don’t have is worrying. Plonkers

Maybe the wrong thread but……. Does anyone know if you can buy VW assist for a van that is 5 years old with 113k miles on it and obviously out of warranty?
I’m trying to get cover for a Norway trip in summer.
I know I can ring VW assist and ask (which I will do) but beforehand I’d like some anecdotal evidence that it can be done before they give me duff gen on the phone.

@Bigsidavies. This is a screenshot of Page 4 of the All In brochure that I got from VW last year (it's dated April 21 but I've no idea if it's still current!):
Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 10.05.48.png

@Bigsidavies. This is a screenshot of Page 4 of the All In brochure that I got from VW last year (it's dated April 21 but I've no idea if it's still current!):
View attachment 158163
Thanks. That’s the whole package of warranty etc. I know that has to be under 100k, which I missed out on by about a thousand miles when it was introduced.
I just want their breakdown recovery.

In Australia you get free 12 months VW Assist when serviced by Vw Dealer. Helps take a bit of the sting out of a Dealer service charge.

You do get priority booking at dealership via the VW Assist. I had a van with a persistent eml issue. 3 weeks if I booked it in 24hrs if John, the AA bloke, who came out, booked it....

Back