Tyre Pressure Monitoring

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi Guys,

Have a 69 T32 Kombi, just in conversion at the moment. Just wondered if anyone could tell me if it has TPMS or if it is something that can be enabled?

Had a quick search but nothing jumped out at me.

Cheers

CZ.

cool, I assume it is only the general function letting you know that a wheel has lost pressure but not the PSI of each wheel?

Deaky's latest modification got me thinking about this...
Yes it’s just pings a warning to check the relevant wheel.

If it’s a Kombi then you should have it as standard, it was a £60 option on PVs but can be enabled with vcds
cool, i thought it might have been but haven't played with it much and has been at the converters for a while now... I'll check it out when back. thanks!

Yes you should be able to have it. I have an 18 plate T28 and the pressure monitoring has been enabled.
Thanks Pauly, I think this has been asked before in a thread but can the annoying kph speed on the display be changed to mph via VCDS as well?
What was the rationale behind this, do you know

Yes it can be removed and replaced with a larger digital mph speedo, I think it’s a requirement to have kph for eu travel,

How much are tyre pressure sensors,if you get it enabled?
The sensors are for use with direct TPMS. The system that comes as standard on a T6 (that might need activating) is an indirect system and uses the ABS module to compare the speed of rotation of the wheels to calculate the relative diameter of the wheel/tyre. If this reduces then you have a flat.

The sensors are for use with direct TPMS. The system that comes as standard on a T6 (that might need activating) is an indirect system and uses the ABS module to compare the speed of rotation of the wheels to calculate the relative diameter of the wheel/tyre. If this reduces then you have a flat.
What if you upgrade the standard 16” VW alloys to 18” alloys,will this effect this set up?

Sorry.... tacking this on here.

VW T5.1 2015 DSG kombi.
I have an issue with the TPMS thing. We got new tyres in early February and have travelled to Birmingham and back (for the caravan show) with no issues. I don't know if it is due to the heat but on Monday, there was a fault pinged up.
Fault: tyre pressure loss indicat. curr. not available.

My husband checked all the tyres (we thought it might just be that we hadn't done them in a while) but they were fine. He then reset the alarm.
Today, it has come up again. I have been to the garage and all the tyres are fine. The issue is that we don't have tyres with sensors in them which is why the alarm is activating. This is apparently also going to cause us to fail our MOT.

I have spoken to another garage (my garage couldn't fix it at present) and they have suggested we get completely new tyres!! They haven't even hit three months old yet!!

So.... we are looking at fitting TPMS valves to our current tyres. Is this possible?? Also, does the van automatically recognise them or do we need to code them in or something?? Is there anything specific we need to look for??

Thank you very much for your time.

I don't thin T5.1 vans have direct tyre pressure monitors as an option. It will be indirect monitoring using the ABS sensors to measure wheel speed.

Have you tried resetting the tyre pressures and does the error still come back?

Have you checked for ABS faults. Maybe it's an ABS sensor failed.

VW T5.1 2015 DSG kombi.
I have an issue with the TPMS thing. We got new tyres in early February and have travelled to Birmingham and back (for the caravan show) with no issues. I don't know if it is due to the heat but on Monday, there was a fault pinged up.

My husband checked all the tyres (we thought it might just be that we hadn't done them in a while) but they were fine. He then reset the alarm.
Today, it has come up again. I have been to the garage and all the tyres are fine. The issue is that we don't have tyres with sensors in them which is why the alarm is activating. This is apparently also going to cause us to fail our MOT.

I have spoken to another garage (my garage couldn't fix it at present) and they have suggested we get completely new tyres!! They haven't even hit three months old yet!!

So.... we are looking at fitting TPMS valves to our current tyres. Is this possible?? Also, does the van automatically recognise them or do we need to code them in or something?? Is there anything specific we need to look for??

That's what my 5.1 did when I broke an ABS sensor when fitting the Stance+ suspension

VW T5.1 2015 DSG kombi.

Can you confirm the following?
1. Are all 4 tyres on your vehicle the same size?
2. Did you check all 4 wheels for correct pressure?
You should have a sticker like this one on your door frame(when drivers door is open).
20200313_143809.jpg

3. Did you perform TPMS reset procedure?

EDIT:

Fitting pressure sensing valves is pointless cause you would be switching from indirect TPMS to Direct TPMS
and there is a little bit more involved.
Have a look here ----> Direct Tpms Retrofit

Last edited:
Back