Changed to 235/55/17 and TPMS

dxbajf

Morning all

Having searched for anyone doing the same thing I can’t seem to work out how I can do this!

I was running 215/60/17 on Devonports. I needed some new front tyres and so have taken the opportunity to change all tyres to 235/55/17 (MCC2) . The idea being a slightly lower tyre pressure and stable ride.

The issue I have is
a) I don’t have the correct tyre pressures for these in the t32 and
B) how can I adjust the TPMS in the van so they understand that the wheels are diffeeent pressures?

The local tyre guys I think have just put the pressure to the door plate recommendations which are for 215s

Many thanks in advance for any help!

No change is needed for the TPMS(apart from setting it after changing the pressures), as they are both standard tyre size options with the same rolling radius.
I ran my 235s at 45psi all round.

That’s great. Was going to ask what people run theirs at. Just need to dig out how to reset each valve. Thanks again

Do you have the full TPMS with individual pressures? If so, you may have to get a custom pressure added by someone who knows what they're doing. I only had the option for 3 different size tyres and not the 255 18's which run the same pressure as the 235 17's according to stickers I've seen.

If you have access to vcds there is a post on here somewhere with the text files and custom pressures that can be used.
As you're from Sussex, go and see Bognor Motors. They sorted mine. Then you can look at all sorts of other things to buy and customise :slow rofl:

if thats a VW garage, mine didnt have a clue how to update it even though i bought it from them with the wheels and tyres already fitted.

morning all - just an aside / update. had t0 ravel last week with the new tyres on (which the mCC were an utter revelation over the carp that was on them before). to get round the screen TPMS issue i managed to select the 16" size wheel in the settings which had a much lower tyre pressure and so didnt trigger the warning. was a stop gap until i get round to updating the system with BMVS. Thanks all

Back