failed mot on Tyre pressure warning light. need help getting it off, resetting tpms - London based

Mattbaker1983

Hi there, I've been running 20 inch wheels on my 6.1 combo for three years and Ignoring the tpms warning light. all fine love my van. until mot today and now I'm a bit fooked. I know and understand nothing about the vags Odis stuff etc but what from what I can make out VW are absolute f***tards and I need to find someone that can add the code to my van so that I can run my 20s and allocate the correct tyre pressure options so the light goes off. If anyone knows anyone nearish to me (east London) where I can get it sorted give me a shout. happy to pay. Matthew.baker@me.com. Thanks very much

yeah I can but sold them and supposed to be ragging to Glasgow in a few days so was just on the off chance anyone in London fancied the work. Otherwise yeah will borrow some Devonports

but whatever wheels you borrow will the TPMS valves in them to work :(

I linked you to my files on the FB post so the data is there if you can find someone localish to do it for you, do you know of any retrofitters in your locale ?

North London

St Albans

Googles comes up with vagcarcodinguk in E3 via a linking site but cant seem to pin them down so no website ??

Thanks mate. Out of interest noticed you run a little lower on psi than I do. Is that a set thing or can I just tweak to whatever I normally carry a ton of weight so sit at 45

I'm assuming you have TPMS valves in the 20's as you don't mention it? Surely Deaky's suggestion would be the simplest.

Hi there, I've been running 20 inch wheels on my 6.1 combo for three years and Ignoring the tpms warning light. all fine love my van. until mot today and now I'm a bit fooked. I know and understand nothing about the vags Odis stuff etc but what from what I can make out VW are absolute f***tards and I need to find someone that can add the code to my van so that I can run my 20s and allocate the correct tyre pressure options so the light goes off. If anyone knows anyone nearish to me (east London) where I can get it sorted give me a shout. happy to pay. Matthew.baker@me.com. Thanks very much
Presumably you did not get TPMS valves fitted to your 20” wheels? That means the TPMS is not operational, so is an MOT failure.
Why not fit the TPMS sensors, then you’ll get rid of the fault and you’ll have the safety monitoring that your vehicle is required to have? Unless you check your tyre pressures regularly, you’ll get little warning that you have a deflated tyre with the potential consequences of a blow-out.

I have the sensors fitted in the wheels and they display the correct tyre pressure . The issue is the onboard computer does not have a 20 inch option so assumes the wheels are 17s. The 17 inch tyre pressure is much higher at 57 psi instead of 44 psi. Therefore the warning light comes on as it thinks they are under inflated. I need someone to add an option for 20s in the computer menu. Jesus bored of explaining this. Anyone help me get it sorted.. no luck so far… thinking I may have to drive out of London.

I have the sensors fitted in the wheels and they display the correct tyre pressure . The issue is the onboard computer does not have a 20 inch option so assumes the wheels are 17s. The 17 inch tyre pressure is much higher at 57 psi instead of 44 psi. Therefore the warning light comes on as it thinks they are under inflated. I need someone to add an option for 20s in the computer menu. Jesus bored of explaining this. Anyone help me get it sorted.. no luck so far… thinking I may have to drive out of London.
Perhaps if you'd put that information in your first post...........

What’s the max pressure stated on the tyre sidewall ?
If it’s more than 57 psi, then just inflate them to that For the short period of the MoT.

Pete

A thought that I don't have the answer to BUT, is it possible to revert to indirect TPMS which will work with any wheel size?

The clever coding folks will have the answer to this.

If you go through the various size options available I’m sure one of them is down in the 40s so you could select that then try @Deaky suggestion and up your pressures to clear the light

Good luck with getting sorted :rolleyes: Please stay in London ;)

Back