Tyre Pressure Drops

Hactus

Kombi 204 DSG 4Motion
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I need some advice on a little problem where the pressure in one tyre (front left) drops over a couple of weeks. I first became aware when the TPMS alerted on the dash, checking the pressure with a gauge it was 10psi lower than it should have been, so I topped it up and reset the TPMS.

Almost two weeks later the same thing happened, so off to the tyre fitters. They checked for leaks in a water bath and when they couldn't locate a leak they refitted the tyre along with a new valve.

After a further couple of weeks and 300 miles the TPMS has triggered again today. I have again checked and the pressure is 10psi lower than the other front tyre which had dropped 0.5psi over the same period.

Do I have a problem or do I just ignore and keep topping up every couple of weeks? Should I get the tyre replaced?

I would top it up another once or twice and if it keeps dropping you would have to start suspecting a cracked rim or something ??
What wheels are you running ?

I would top it up another once or twice and if it keeps dropping you would have to start suspecting a cracked rim or something ??
What wheels are you running ?
17" Devonports. Had thought about a crack and was dreading that :-(

I've just gone through all this over the last few weeks.
Pressure drops every week or so, light comes on, and I had to blow back up.
My guys couldn't find a leak after 2 seperate attempts, then finally fitted a new set of tyres on Thursday and all cured.

Thanks for the advice. Will see if it drops again over the next couple of weeks and then see if a new tyre solves the issue.

Thanks for the advice. Will see if it drops again over the next couple of weeks and then see if a new tyre solves the issue.
Before buying a new tyre, might be worth getting a couple swapped over to see if the fault moves with the tyre or stays with the wheel??

Before buying a new tyre, might be worth getting a couple swapped over to see if the fault moves with the tyre or stays with the wheel??
Cracking idea, will definitely try this. Could save me wasting money on a tyre. Thankyou.

Back