Camper - Location for Rear Speakers

Keaney

VIP Member
T6 Guru
hey so van is going in for a camper conversion shortly and to fit a Tv in the back.
Currently there’s no speakers in the rear and I’m getting a bed on rails so wondering what I should do.

Think my options are:
1. Do nothing and rely on the tv speakers
2. Wire in rear speakers and have them linked to headunit for full radio but switchable to tv on
3. Wire in headphone jacks to the rear to support if need be

Any help / ideas??

Hdmi splitter to head unit.. tv as input headunit as an output

I'm liking your option 2 for when on site and option 3 for travelling - so watching this carefully - also what speakers in the back, the only option I have seen are the pod ones - so I need to also know where to go on this as the converters will at least need to include speaker cable.
I haven't explored ebay for a neat solution on headphone extensions socket

Hdmi splitter to head unit.. tv as input headunit as an output
Hmm I’ve got the composite 6.33” or whatever headunit... not sure if there’s a hdmi on the back but have been looking at halos

I'm liking your option 2 for when on site and option 3 for travelling - so watching this carefully - also what speakers in the back, the only option I have seen are the pod ones - so I need to also know where to go on this as the converters will at least need to include speaker cable.
I haven't explored ebay for a neat solution on headphone extensions socket
Haha yeah was thinking could I have 5.1 surround sound at some point

Hi @Absolut5 os it possible to put in a switch for rear speakers to switch from main unit to tv - this could be in the tear I guess - have you done this? Not sure if tv output would have enough power.

The sound quality of the 12.9 iPad is surprisingly good, certainly better than any portable TV. I just use a TV dongle for the very rare occasions I want to watch live TV

@andys is that a TV dongle in the ipad? Do you have a link please?
This looks slightly different to the one I've got, think it must have been updated. Apple and Android TV Tuner - August DVB-T405 - Watch Live Freeview on Mobile 5053047003775 | eBay
You give it power and it communicates with an app on your I device over wi-fi so doesn't actually plug in. I use it with a little magnetic antenna that stick on the outside whenever I use it. Not tried it while moving though

Back