Travelinlite DRL Bulb Upgrade

Forget replacement halogen bulbs.

I fitted these yesterday and they are 1000% better:

61QBdsNwTxL._SX425_.jpg

They are definitely set too high, oncoming traffic will be blinded by those. The output looks great though.

You can get those Novsight LED bulbs on ebay or Amazon :thumbsup: I recommend them over standard bulbs.

Also, have a read of the 9+ page LED thread by searching the forum.

You recommend someone to break the law? Also why take down the pic you had before?

Actually due to them being illegal you also stand a very good chance of your insurance being voided should you have an accident... then the illegality will become a criminal offence and you wont have any insurance for the accident - regardless of fault.

Reactions: DXX
Actually due to them being illegal you also stand a very good chance of your insurance being voided should you have an accident... then the illegality will become a criminal offence and you wont have any insurance for the accident - regardless of fault.

It doesn't work this way for the Road Traffic Act. Yes the insurance can claim non disclosure of risk and oppose settlement (but only for the insured vehicle, not the 3rd parties) but the insurance remains valid as though the vehicle had not been modified in the first place (for the purpose of an accident). If say it was a small bump the old bill could call the insurance who learning of the modification can cancel the policy on the spot, or extort further monies from the insured party. Hope that makes sense?

Actually although the insurer will pay for third party if a modification is illegal they will take action to reclaim costs from insured. I have been involved in cases where costs were reclaimed.

Worst case the insurance company recovers costs as far as possible against the insured with the defective vehicle, sell your house etc. Have you seen the cost of full time care?

Has anyone fitted the H4 bulb upgrade from travelinlite?
VW T6 Transporter Upgrade Headlight Bulb Kit & Led Fog Upgrade 15 Onwards | eBay

Are they worth it over the standard bulbs? Or worth holding off until i can afford some aftermarket units.
Many thanks
Jordan
If you are just wanting to replace your h4 bulbs then you can buy the Philips racing vision h4 separate and save yourself some money , I don't have h4 bulbs in my van but the racing vision has got good reviews when it comes to a legal upgrade

In 28 years in the Police I saw car smashes involving bald tyres, defective brakes, defective lights, under inflated tyres (very common) and combinations of all of these.
Insurance companies that insured the driver at fault always paid out to the third party, i.e. innocent drivers, and sometimes to the driver at fault, depending on if the fault was relevant.
So if you commit a "construction and use" offence (like LED "bulbs" in a H4 light) you are still insured, but if the headlights were a contributing factor in an accident the insurance company might seek to recover some or all of their losses from you or withhold some or all of the cost of your vehicle repairs, however, you have not committed the offence of driving without insurance.

I have the Philips race vision in mine now. They are way better than the standard bulbs but won’t match leds .
If you are still running standard ones for £20 it’s a good upgrade and I can manage ok out on country roads.

Hi guys
Had this issue some I fitted new headlight and led bulbs from traveling lite, need to get it sorted as it does my head in, anyone know what I need to do in order to sort it out

cheers Steve

Hello All, I have the Travelin Lite headlights and wondered if anyone has changed the indicator bulbs on these? It looks almost impossible, it looks to me like a bumper off job.
Any ideas, helpfull comments very welcome.

Thanks guys

Back