LED Interior Bulbs.

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I often knock the rocker switch for the light directly above side door with my head as I go in and out of the van. Also, the passenger side front reading sliding switch and door side headrest on the double seat seem perfectly positioned so that the light easily gets switched on when the double seat is swivelled. That's annoying but OK if you notice either them are still on but it could be a bit more than annoying if you don't notice and they start to drain the starter battery. It occurs to me that LEDs might be the answer because of their much greater efficiency but I'm wary of just buying a set only to find that they give Canbus issues. Is this likely to happen? Has anybody done the same and can they recommend a source for quality LED replacements. I think I'm looking at three in the front and two above the side door. There seems to be a lot of options out there at different prices and quite a few of them also say that they are Canbus compatible but I'd much prefer to buy on the advice of someone with direct experience. Cheers.

There is a safety function built in to the courtesy light circuit that turns the lights off after a set amount of time to prevent the battery running flat. The courtesy circuit is not monitored so you'll get no errors by fitting LED's

@Deaky. Thanks for that, it's sort of reassuring - I say 'sort of' as I'll need to do a proper test. If there is a timer, I reckon it's set for quite a long time on mine and they certainly don't go off quickly enough to stop my wife to stop moaning at me.

@Deaky. Thanks for that, it's sort of reassuring - I say 'sort of' as I'll need to do a proper test. If there is a timer, I reckon it's set for quite a long time on mine and they certainly don't go off quickly enough to stop my wife to stop moaning at me.
It's usually around 20 minutes unless you have a newer van with interior LED's from the factory, these are set at around an hour

I often knock the rocker switch for the light directly above side door with my head as I go in and out of the van. Also, the passenger side front reading sliding switch and door side headrest on the double seat seem perfectly positioned so that the light easily gets switched on when the double seat is swivelled. That's annoying but OK if you notice either them are still on but it could be a bit more than annoying if you don't notice and they start to drain the starter battery. It occurs to me that LEDs might be the answer because of their much greater efficiency but I'm wary of just buying a set only to find that they give Canbus issues. Is this likely to happen? Has anybody done the same and can they recommend a source for quality LED replacements. I think I'm looking at three in the front and two above the side door. There seems to be a lot of options out there at different prices and quite a few of them also say that they are Canbus compatible but I'd much prefer to buy on the advice of someone with direct experience. Cheers.
I bought a set of 7, direct from Ww, back in 2019.
No issues with errors & still working as of yesterday :thumbsup:

I see Vanstyle are doing a set of 5:

Back