Rear interior light absent

T6 Deeks

Hey all, hopefully this hasn't been discussed already?

I have a 2020 T6.1 T32 camper conversion which is great however there is no rear interior courtesy light. When I open the front or side sliding door the front interior light comes on but as its in the front it doesn't give enough light into the rear for passengers to see for putting on seat belts etc. Now I know the arguments about them not being fitted due to them coming on at night when you open the door to go to the bathroom etc. but it is a bit annoying especially at this time of year. Being a camper there are lights in the rear but these don't work when the engine is running as isolated through the control panel.

Has anyone retrospectively fitted a rear courtesy light? If you have how did you do it?

Now I would be interested I this! Also a light on the tailgate.

If you have a look at this thread >> Here << There's a load of info relating to how to get rear interior lights to work either as courtesy lights, and / or switched lights when camping

edited link

Last edited:
I have a 2020 T6.1 T32 camper conversion which is great however there is no rear interior courtesy light.

Has anyone retrospectively fitted a rear courtesy light? If you have how did you do it?
It’s likely that the converter has simply unplugged the cargo area light fitting and stuffed the loom up somewhere above your sliding door.

When I converted mine I ran some cable from this redundant loom to lights in the sliding-door step, rear quarter (ie. boot) and tailgate.

How has your roof been finished / do you have a poptop?

It’s likely that the converter has simply unplugged the cargo area light fitting and stuffed the loom up somewhere above your sliding door.

When I converted mine I ran some cable from this redundant loom to lights in the sliding-door step, rear quarter (ie. boot) and tailgate.

How has your roof been finished / do you have a poptop?
I was wondering about the fitting still being in place but not sure. I have touch/spot lights (including one above the sliding door) which I could pop one out and have a look. I do have a pop top and its a CamperKing conversion.

As always, thanks everyone for the help. Glad we have forums like this!!

I was wondering about the fitting still being in place but not sure. I have touch/spot lights (including one above the sliding door) which I could pop one out and have a look. I do have a pop top and its a CamperKing conversion.

As always, thanks everyone for the help. Glad we have forums like this!!
The connector will look like that in the third picture in this thread:

Top man!! Thank you. I'll let you know how I get on at the weekend :thumbsup:

Do you know if there iis a 'socket' that the OEM plug will fit so I can extend without cutting off the plug from the loom?

Last edited:
Back