Transit Van Failures Again

Radford1071s

Paul - Bawdeep
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi there gents sorry it's not v.w. But had to show you guy's. Brand new not even touched UK tarmac yet. Transit tourneo people carriers. All have 2 /3 miles on them and have to get jump started every day is the same today there's 12 none runners Friday last there was 9 non runners. Just amazing. And they probably cost a few quid too.the vans in the last picture had to go back never even got off.

DSC_3503.JPG

DSC_3430.JPG

DSC_3432.JPG

A mate of mine bought a brand new transit in September 2019, engine self destructed last friday, it started revving higher and higher, driver stopped and jumped out, (good tactic, in doubt, run away!) engine revs continued to rise way past what you could ever do using the accelerator, until a huge bang under the bonnet followed by silence signalled that it was all over!!! Big pool of water and oil all over the road. I'm no expert but I'd say that's terminal. 5,000 miles on the clock, you'd hope it would last a few more!

Oh dear that's fxxked then. Yeah they just don't want to start for some reason. There was a few of the wee first s.t. New generation never been on the road. Again failed to start. Again a lot of money.

Can only imagine they put faulty (flat) batteries on during the build?

Last edited:
Used to have a lot of non-starters when Volvo cars were imported from Sweden via the local ports back in the 70's and 80's. There would be loads parked up on the quayside with the wipers lifted up to signify a non-starter. Then there used to be numerous vehicles broken down along the A45 as was with the driver thumbing a lift from other delivery drivers. Pre mobile phone days so must have been a nightmare for them.

A mate of mine bought a brand new transit in September 2019, engine self destructed last friday, it started revving higher and higher, driver stopped and jumped out, (good tactic, in doubt, run away!) engine revs continued to rise way past what you could ever do using the accelerator, until a huge bang under the bonnet followed by silence signalled that it was all over!!! Big pool of water and oil all over the road. I'm no expert but I'd say that's terminal. 5,000 miles on the clock, you'd hope it would last a few more!
That's usually what happens when an engine starts running on its own oil - typically turbocharger oil seal, however anything that feeds oil into the inlet manifold will do it.

Back