Data logs for a non runner but cranks t6

BazPoole

Auto-Electrician
Evening Gents/Ladies

First Post on the forum but do visit quite regularly as its a good source of information for any transporter owner or even any VAG owner as its all the same technology.

Reason I'm posting is I'm having an issue with a no start fault after an engine replacement. Sorry if it reads like war and peace but this is the story I've had.

I'm an auto sparky by trade and have had a van land in my lap that's owned by an old friend that he bought from a well know salvage site as a cat n with 11k on the clock that was a runner.

Being in the trade himself he assumed it would mostly be a bolt on job and he would get himself a cheap van to covert to a camper.
How wrong he was.

It became apparent that after the body work was all done he had this oil leak that he assumed at the time, was a small crack in the sump so he fitted a new sump and drove it for an MOT. Mot failed due to an oil leak from the engine and the gearbox with the tester saying that both the engine and gearbox were cracked at the front causing the leaks. Mate picked it up and took it back to his workshop and pulled the entire power train and purchased at great cost a 5000 mile engine and box from a van that have been smashed from behind. He swapped all the bits over from the other engine and refitted it back into the van and got it running on the ramp.. no leaks and apparently all sounded sweet.
He then went to the pub to celebrate thinking he will road test it tomorrow and get it back to the MOT station for its ticket.
Next morning van started first turn and he said he left it running on the ramp for around 30 mins whilst he was on the phone to a customer, last check for leaks etc and then off on a road test.

He got about 2.5 miles into its road test when he said it just cut out whilst driving down the road.
The van has never started again. Ever.
He initially thought the cambelts come off or jumped but its still in time, lift pumps working as it should as is the HP pump.
It's had 5 garages look at it and 3 sparkies and has been a non runner now for over a year but its sill not running and has now been dropped on my lap after a lot of mithering as i dont normally get involved with crash damaged vehicles but I do like a challenge but I'm on here looking for a bit of help to start me off.
Does anyone have any full data logs for this engine that I can comb through and compare to what I'm getting. Injectors are not being triggered at all.
All the usual data looks correct and where it should be
Vehicle has no codes apart from ac pressure low as he never got round to re-gassing the aircon.

Sorry for the long first post and understand if you all have something better to do.

Barry

Have you scoped the injectors ? Are they being pulsed?

for this engine
What engine exactly?

There are quite a few VCDS maps around Forum, e.g:

Nope nothing. No voltage. Injector duration in the data stays at 0.
Fuel pressure ramps up quickly and is regulated correctly, camshaft phase timing is 0.4.
All the usual suspects look good.
I took off the cam cover today to check the cam module as that's always a favourite but all looks good.
I don't have vcds as I use odis so data collection is different but I can comb through it to see if its somthing im not thinking of.

Cheers barry

What engine exactly?

There are quite a few VCDS maps around Forum, e.g:

Will have to look tomorrow as I can't remember at the moment.

Back