Traction Control / ESC dash button not working [Resolved]

@KC1

VIP Member
Hey All,
After a year of owning the van I tried to disable the Traction Control / ESC from the dash button but it didn’t work, never tested it before now so not sure it ever worked. I pressed it, held it etc but no the ESC dash light never lit nor the TPMS light which both illuminate during ignition on safety check.

Interestingly if I turn the ignition on, turn hazards on and depress accelerator 5 times it does disable the ESC and the ESC dash light will illuminate and the TPMS light will flash as you would expect, also appropriate messages show in MF display.

Haven’t pulled the switch to investigate yet, thought I’d see if anyone has come across this issue before first.
No errors logged as of one week ago, I will scan again but not expecting anything as ESC can be disabled via the acceleratorvdepression method outlined above.
2019 T6 4 Motion

Any ideas / advice appreciated.

Last edited:
UPDATE: about six months ago I had implemented indirect tpms via changing byte15 of module 03 from A6 to D3, I reinstated the original coding and the ESC / Traction control button is now operating as expected.

When ASR/ESC button selected to view live in Adv. Measure section of module 03 - prior to reverting the coding - the message ‘button unavailable due to module type’ or words to that effect was showing. When code reverted to original the operational status of the button could be see live.

Also disabling the ESC via the hazard lights and accelerator depression x 5 technique generates faults in the module - see image attached.

A self inflicted issue
Thanks @Pauly for the input.

IMG_1756.jpeg

Have you managed to activate TPMS without disabling the button ?

Have you managed to activate TPMS without disabling the button ?
Hi @Pauly the tyre pressure option is still on the mfd display. Haven’t had the van out since or tried to store the tyre pressures. Will try it when next out and report back.

Tyre pressure option has now disappeared from mfd as expected - after the van has sat locked for a while and ignition turned on.

I can’t see any way to implement indirect tpms without affecting the operation of the traction control button on this van with this particular coding and module.
@Pauly

The previously posted coding for activating TPMs was probably worked out on a 2WD van, if we can compare the codings from some 4wd vans I’m sure theres an answer somewhere

Reactions: mmi
The previously posted coding for activating TPMs was probably worked out on a 2WD van, if we can compare the codings from some 4wd vans I’m sure theres an answer somewhere
Thanks Pauly, I’d say you are on the right track alright…

For this van the TPMS coding is 96 (hex)
Thanks mmi - when I get a chance I’ll test and report back.

Reactions: mmi
Back