T6.1 TCS button removal?

PaulR83

2020 T32 199 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,
I've just completed the 'comfort' dash upgrade in my T6.1 so it matches the California. However, the wrong part was ordered that covers the traction control button and there is no cut out. As the TCS can be disabled via the infotainment (and some calis don't have the button) can i just disconnect it and leave the plug in the dash without any errors? saves me ordering another panel as the one I have is non returnable.
thanks

Screenshot_20220827-100905_Auto Trader.jpg

Hide your whole switch unit behind the dash.
If you disconnect the switch you will get fault code stored in your ABS unit(unless you code out the switch).

lovely stuff. thanks. that's exactly what I was after as I don't want anything like that.
in reality that button is hardly ever used and can easily be done on the infotainment. it also looks much cleaner without it. I did think about fitting it to the side panel, but doubt there is slack.
i'll have a play later!
cheers!

The wiring loom comes form that direction but includes headlight switch wiring etc so if you separate them slightly should reach the side panel if desired

Perfect thanks. I'll see how I get on hiding it first. Saves me buying the chrome switch too. Haha

Done and much better. Did contemplate fitting the switch to the panel above the pedals as just enough slack but didn't fancy it. Couldn't mount in the side panel as it's too deep and hit the dash structure. Still, whole dash looks loads better. Even did the dash buttons with some tin foil being cheap

20220827_164712.jpg

20220827_164135.jpg

20220828_151010.jpg

Back