Toilet Tent Yes or No?

Big comfy bed, bathroom all to yourself, all you can eat buffet breakfast, no washing or tidying away afterwards... and often, all for the price of a night on a campsite.

Big comfy bed, bathroom all to yourself, all you can eat buffet breakfast, no washing or tidying away afterwards... and often, all for the price of a night on a campsite.
Sounds great when you put it like that. There must be a down side. Or indeed an upside to the Campervan thing. Now you have got me thinking

If going to campsite use their facilities ( if allowed due to covid19)
If going where other people are use a toilet tent
If going to remote areas just put toilet out next to van, wonderful experience at night sitting on toilet under the stars.

Dont buy too much stuff until you have been away a few times or you tend to buy something , take it on a trip and realize it is pretty useless and end up with a garage full of stuff you don't use again.
Experience will let you know what you really need.
Just my 2 bobs worth.

If going to campsite use their facilities ( if allowed due to covid19)
If going where other people are use a toilet tent
If going to remote areas just put toilet out next to van, wonderful experience at night sitting on toilet under the stars.

Dont buy too much stuff until you have been away a few times or you tend to buy something , take it on a trip and realize it is pretty useless and end up with a garage full of stuff you don't use again.
Experience will let you know what you really need.
Just my 2 bobs worth.

Good comment about not buying stuff: it is easy to buy stuff that you “ know” you will need. I have made changes to the van since I bought it in January but hey it is our only transport. So I convinced myself that that changes were justified.

My thoughts about buying a toilet tent came from the thoughts about the COVID-19 restrictions and not being able to use the campsite facilities. Going to the pub would work if Boris allows it.

It would be great just to get away in the van.
Many thanks for your two bobs worth.

We ’wild’ camp a lot using things like Brit stops or park4night. Las autumn worked well for us, as I said, we used pub facilities for the majority of needs. Went to wales x2 and Cornwall once. All good trips And is an adventure for the family. Beats premier inn hands down imho.

We ’wild’ camp a lot using things like Brit stops or park4night. Las autumn worked well for us, as I said, we used pub facilities for the majority of needs. Went to wales x2 and Cornwall once. All good trips And is an adventure for the family. Beats premier inn hands down imho.
Brit Stops seems an interesting concept when pubs open backup. Great idea.

Some of the other non pub sites are awesome too. Stayed on a track next to Stonehenge in October, waking up to that was awesome.

Some of the other non pub sites are awesome too. Stayed on a track next to Stonehenge in October, waking up to that was awesome.
I will look into that further. You pay a subscription then I guess you buy a meal ave a drink or so on. Looks good

Now you are the second friend of this forum who has suggested an awning hadn’t planned on an awning but the pressure is building. My thoughts about an awning were, if you are only going away for a couple of days are they worth the hassle to put up and take down ? Your thoughts gratefully received.
A small awning is worth it imo.

I seem to remember a post somewhere that pointed out how see-thru their toilet tent was in certain light conditions...

I seem to remember a post somewhere that pointed out how see-thru their toilet tent was in certain light conditions...
Yep! A good vindaloo (see what I did there?!!) can really light things up for me!

I don’t care about people seeing me pee or poo they will look away ASAP. I have tried to get some privacy I have done my bit. The old Billy Connelly joke: if you have an itchy bum shout out loud “ god I have an itchy bum “ everyone looks away them you scratch it. Job done.

I bought a dirt cheap toilet tent from Amazon for a trip to mainly to see if it worked out ok and because the ladies in my life are a little demanding in their toilet requirements. In the event it poured with rain and it was really useful and saw a lot of visits in the night! I'll use the awning when that is up on longer trips but for overnights it is really handy.

I bought a dirt cheap toilet tent from Amazon for a trip to mainly to see if it worked out ok and because the ladies in my life are a little demanding in their toilet requirements. In the event it poured with rain and it was really useful and saw a lot of visits in the night! I'll use the awning when that is up on longer trips but for overnights it is really handy.
That is becoming my opinion - awning for trips longer than a weekend, toilet tent to be used when facilities be that onsite or pub are not available when parked up with other people around. :thumbsup:

i got fed up with cheap toilet/shower tents kampa one the top poles snapped some other cheap thing was a nightmare sliding the probably 8 meters of pole through it ended up getting a lumaland pop up pull up shower tent which is easy to put up and a good size not my video

i got fed up with cheap toilet/shower tents kampa one the top poles snapped some other cheap thing was a nightmare sliding the probably 8 meters of pole through it ended up getting a lumaland pop up pull up shower tent which is easy to put up and a good size
Mine is a pop up, too, but it was only really to try it out and I expect it to fall apart next time I use it.

Back