Tips to prepare for Winter in French Alps?

I don't want to pi$$ on your chips ( pardon my french), but you could have gone down a few inches on tyres and wheels and saved quite a bit of cash. Or purchased all seasons and saved the cost of alloys and the cost of having them swapped over every year. Sorry.
Yup & gone narrower too. Can’t beat a nice fat wide low profile tyre for the snow, ask any Beemer driver:whistle:

I don't want to pi$$ on your chips ( pardon my french), but you could have gone down a few inches on tyres and wheels and saved quite a bit of cash. Or purchased all seasons and saved the cost of alloys and the cost of having them swapped over every year. Sorry.
But would they look as good?:cool: ;)

On a serious noteI did plan on fitting these to my current 20” wheels. Then decided to by new ones as a spare set.

Visited the French Alps during Feb half term and relied on the snow socks to get us out of a car park. Easy to fit to 20" wheels even on a lowered van! Very little wear so far even after driving on tarmac for a bit until we found a space to pull over and take them off.

Snow socks.jpg

If it’s going to be snowy, these are great for keeping the weather out & the heat in.
30255466-5913-4967-96F3-62B2173E3797.jpeg30255466-5913-4967-96F3-62B2173E3797.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back