Timing Belt - dealer disagrees with VWUK

phil_n

T6 Pro
I was under the impression timing belts on the 140 were every 4 years.

I have put a deposit down on a van from a VW dealer which is just over 4 years old expecting the belt to have been done. He has now told me it is 5 years 120k and as such has not been done

Has anyone got any literature that backs up what I believe before I go back to him?

Thanks in advance

If you follow that site through that says all cars post ‘09 are 5 years, that’s not what I wanted to read.
Does the service book echo this?

Just as a follow up to this . . .

I happened to be driving past SMG today so went in and asked the question. The fella printed me this off. 4537653A-EE76-4B38-88E4-B8DD6134FC4B.jpeg

To conclude this thread.

VW UK checked the chassis number of the van and confirm it is 4 years / 132k.

VW Liverpool have disagreed and state the belt is 120k with no time limit! The salesman even emailed me this and wouldn’t back down when VW UK contacted him.

This is on a VW approved van with a VW warranty. Personally I cannot see how the warranty can be valid on a vehicle where the servicing has not been carried out to manufacturers guidelines.

As they are refusing to carry out the belt (van is 4y 1month old) I’m on the look out for another.

I’ve dealt with Liverpool numerous times over the years and they have always been faultless. This by contrast is appalling.

Back