Tight kador strip on Fiamma F45s

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
Just test erected my new (to me) Kampa Air awning....
....the Kador strip on the figure of 8 kit I bought is nice and easily slideable unlike the slot on the front of the F45s van awning. Seems pretty tight. I'm sure they are both 6mm slots. Is there a technique to it or an easy cheat I could use, some lubricant maybe ?

The awning came with a 6mm / 6mm Kador strip but no figure of 8. I bought the 6/6 figure of 8. I'm beginning to think I need a 6/4 kador and figure of 8 if there is such a thing ?

Just test erected my new (to me) Kampa Air awning....
....the Kador strip on the figure of 8 kit I bought is nice and easily slideable unlike the slot on the front of the F45s van awning. Seems pretty tight. I'm sure they are both 6mm slots. Is there a technique to it or an easy cheat I could use, some lubricant maybe ?
I always lube the awning rail on my caravan - cheap little awning rail cleaning brush from fleabay. Gets rid of creepy crawlies that might hide in there over winter and then follow with some lube on the brush

I always lube the awning rail on my caravan - cheap little awning rail cleaning brush from fleabay. Gets rid of creepy crawlies that might hide in there over winter and then follow with some lube on the brush
seems you have lube for every occasion...

Back