Kader to pole sleeve adaptor?

pjoc

OK here's the issue previously had Kampa Dometic Sunshine AIR Pro VW, not a drive away per se, but really preferred the pole in sleeve and 3 clamps mode of attaching to van over the kader strip (reason is that I configured the awning to be drive away with the addition of a few poles. So easy to reattach if out for the day. Fabulous awning by the way, but now sold. Changed to the Dometic Club Air Pro DTK 261 Drive Away Awning, which has two methods of van attachment, (1) straight kader (or drive away kader) or (2) straps over the van. Straight kader non-starter. However, I would really have liked a pole sleeve option. Then I thought maybe somebody must have made a kit that has a grove for the kader strip on the tent with a pole sleeve stitched onto it. When I enquired at camping shop met with glazed looks. Anyone come across this esoteric mechanism. Not a major gap in the market for making a million but I would buy one if it exists. Just put it down to preference.

Our Kampa VW Air has kador and pole options..

OK here's the issue previously had Kampa Dometic Sunshine AIR Pro VW, not a drive away per se, but really preferred the pole in sleeve and 3 clamps mode of attaching to van over the kader strip (reason is that I configured the awning to be drive away with the addition of a few poles. So easy to reattach if out for the day. Fabulous awning by the way, but now sold. Changed to the Dometic Club Air Pro DTK 261 Drive Away Awning, which has two methods of van attachment, (1) straight kader (or drive away kader) or (2) straps over the van. Straight kader non-starter. However, I would really have liked a pole sleeve option. Then I thought maybe somebody must have made a kit that has a grove for the kader strip on the tent with a pole sleeve stitched onto it. When I enquired at camping shop met with glazed looks. Anyone come across this esoteric mechanism. Not a major gap in the market for making a million but I would buy one if it exists. Just put it down to preference.

Hi… We have only ever used Straight Kador rail and still find it hard work when setting up awning tent….But I’ve seen that the guy’s with wind out type awning setup ….simply wind out attach tent awning and wind back ..Perfect tension…However I don’t have that setup …and after a bit of head thinking had this made …
E58EC072-E609-4D76-B054-954A13873DF5.jpeg
so this side is attached to the van kador rail the other is attached to the awning tent using Fig 8 stripe …attach and you tension using the straps ….the eyelets are for poles to stop any sag if needed …made on the Wirral using sail/tent material

I've been trying to think of exactly the device you've made there, cos i find the drive away a complete faff. if only it clipped onto the van on one side too...

Hi… We have only ever used Straight Kador rail and still find it hard work when setting up awning tent….But I’ve seen that the guy’s with wind out type awning setup ….simply wind out attach tent awning and wind back ..Perfect tension…However I don’t have that setup …and after a bit of head thinking had this made …
View attachment 121486
so this side is attached to the van kador rail the other is attached to the awning tent using Fig 8 stripe …attach and you tension using the straps ….the eyelets are for poles to stop any sag if needed …made on the Wirral using sail/tent material
This is genius, if your willing to make anymore I’d be willing to buy

This is genius, if your willing to make anymore I’d be willing to buy
Hi @JonriceT6 … it was made for me……but if you want one .. It was 2.450 long ..1mtr wide ..I asked that the straps started 300mm in from the van side ..with eyelets on the awning side ….poles from Amazon and fig 8 from local caravan shop

E6DEB31D-63AD-43BE-97AD-3B66D841D4F1.jpeg
contact details for guy that made it :)

F0F7B5C5-913E-481D-9502-4EA48BF221CF.png
hope that helps

i watched a lot of awning videos last night, as the mrs is making me consider an air one after a near miss with divorce lawyers in the winds setting up on friday night. if you know what i mean...

the thing i didnt realise was that if you attath the awning via kador strip before putting it up, you will get a more precise location. so bead into kador, then poles in awning or inflate. worth a try next time we're out.

i watched a lot of awning videos last night, as the mrs is making me consider an air one after a near miss with divorce lawyers in the winds setting up on friday night. if you know what i mean...

the thing i didnt realise was that if you attath the awning via kador strip before putting it up, you will get a more precise location. so bead into kador, then poles in awning or inflate. worth a try next time we're out.
Hi ….We’ve all been there when the wind is a blowing…..If only camp sites allowed you to park your van into wind it would make the lawyers poor :laugh:
but do agree..Air is so much easier

Hi @JonriceT6 … it was made for me……but if you want one .. It was 2.450 long ..1mtr wide ..I asked that the straps started 300mm in from the van side ..with eyelets on the awning side ….poles from Amazon and fig 8 from local caravan shop

View attachment 121506
contact details for guy that made it :)

View attachment 121507
hope that helps
Hi. I contacted the guy, thanks!! Presume you need 6mm both sides of this sheet as? You didn’t have to supply the guy with the figure of 8 as this wouldn’t need permanently attaching anywhere, that correct?
sorry for the basic questions.

Hi. I contacted the guy, thanks!! Presume you need 6mm both sides of this sheet as? You didn’t have to supply the guy with the figure of 8 as this wouldn’t need permanently attaching anywhere, that correct?
sorry for the basic questions.
Hi @JonriceT6 .. 6mm is ok for most setups but if you need to go smaller you can get fig 8 in different sizes…so he will put 6mm on both sides and you use your own Fig 8 to suit your setup ( don’t forget to put two eyelets in for poles if needed )
9B03DA2A-B76F-42A3-ABD6-C93C2BB8ECB3.png

ps .. he thought I was mad to start off with…send him a picture if it helps but he probably remembered that mad man o_O:laugh:

Update… Work’s great…. But if you get one made you’ll need a centre eyelet and a 3rd pole as the fig8 sags in middle….so 3 poles are needed ( but the poles can be reused if just using tarp setup )
No more sliding door issues.. No more a chance the awning rubs the paintwork when windy…. ( it did on mine) easier to reconnect when using as a driveway…and a lot less stress ( even the wife was happy :rofl:) Happy Camping

Ps… don’t use the Vango type cut lengths of fig8,,,,needs to be one length (widely available from good caravan shops)

Ps… don’t use the Vango type cut lengths of fig8,,,,needs to be one length (widely available from good caravan shops)
@VanDamMan. In that case, there can't be any 'good caravan shops' in my neck of the woods (Gloucestershire) or even within a reasonable travelling distance. I've been trying to source a single long length of Kador without success down this way for a while now. I managed to find a couple of suppliers 'Up North' but they wanted a fortune to ship it. I find using the three shorter pieces a real pain in the 4rse due to water leaks at the joints. I think we've had this conversation on T6F before!

@VanDamMan. In that case, there can't be any 'good caravan shops' in my neck of the woods (Gloucestershire) or even within a reasonable travelling distance. I've been trying to source a single long length of Kador without success down this way for a while now. I managed to find a couple of suppliers 'Up North' but they wanted a fortune to ship it. I find using the three shorter pieces a real pain in the 4rse due to water leaks at the joints. I think we've had this conversation on T6F before!
Sorry…just rang Golden Castle ( Twigworth ) as you said only do it in 1 mtr lengths …try online he said ( helpful ) Just Checked my local .. Northern Caravans 2.5m fig 8 only £10 but it’s the postage ….are you going to Busfest could get you one :)

@VanDamMan. At the moment, the answer on Busfest is only a slim maybe but thanks for the very kind offer. I did find a place that sold a 2.5M length for £42 'with free P&P' but thought that was a bit steep. However, I reckon that the next time that we use our current 3 parter and it pees down, I'll start to think £42 is quite cheap to avoid the flooding and bite the bullet. IIRC, I also found Northern Caravans on eBay but their listing was for local pickup only. Again, thanks.

Back