Thread size for inside wheel arch

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Does anyone know what the size is of the bolt hole is above the inside wheel arch ? 10mm x 1.25mm pitch is what the size is of the bolts on the lashing points but is too loose and 12mm x 1.75mm pitch starts but gets too tight.
Any ideas?

Have been wondering the same but never before took action to even measure. I'm pretty sure it is M11 x 1.25. The same as in the picture which fits also to seat belt fixing point further up in C-pillar. Just measured the bolt in the picture :D so can now start scratching my head where to find another one.
Seat_belt_1a.jpg

Last edited:
Have been wondering the same but never before took action to even measure. I'm pretty sure it is M11 x 1.25. The same as in the picture which fits also to seat belt fixing point further up in C-pillar. Just measured the bolt in the picture :D so can now start scratching my head where to find another one.
View attachment 26538
Does anyone know what the size is of the bolt hole is above the inside wheel arch ? 10mm x 1.25mm pitch is what the size is of the bolts on the lashing points but is too loose and 12mm x 1.75mm pitch starts but gets too tight.
Any ideas?
I can't remember what the size was now, but these guys know the exact size as they use this hole to attach their Kombi beds to
VW Forty Winks Beds by Advanced Designs Ltd

I called into my local VW dealer spare parts department today to order these bolts.. after a bit of mucking about we eventually found the bolt in question. It turned out to be described as 7/16 × 36.5mil. So it's imperial !! Once home I dug into my bucket of old bolts and found a 7/16unf bolt and it fits. I'm in Oz and this size is standard to our baby seat restraint and some seat belts. I would have thought a metric equivalent but you learn something new every day aye..

I think a lot of seat belt bolts are imperial, even on new vehicles.

Pete

All seat belt fixing's are 7/16UNF. Which is about 11mm but don't use a M11 bolt, alwars use a 7/16UNF.

Reactions: mmi
There is a reference here to the use of 7/16" UNF as a general standard for seat-belt fixings Fitting Seat Belts. Also, note the reference to the recommended torque of '25 - 35Nm' to be used when securing the bolts

Reactions: mmi
Does anyone know where i can get a couple of these 7/16 UNF bolts for 40winks bed?
I need to get today and was going to pop into screwfix or b&q but is it better for a car parts place like eurocar parts? I can only find them online on random websites but need to get sorted today for a trip tomorrow

Back