Thread size for inside wheel arch

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Buggirl, 17 Sep 2016.

1. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Does anyone know what the size is of the bolt hole is above the inside wheel arch ? 10mm x 1.25mm pitch is what the size is of the bolts on the lashing points but is too loose and 12mm x 1.75mm pitch starts but gets too tight.
    Any ideas?

Russell Arnold likes this.
  2. Russell Arnold

Russell Arnold New Member

Hi. Did you ever get a response to your question? I also need to know..

3. mmi

mmi Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Have been wondering the same but never before took action to even measure. I'm pretty sure it is M11 x 1.25. The same as in the picture which fits also to seat belt fixing point further up in C-pillar. Just measured the bolt in the picture :D so can now start scratching my head where to find another one.
    Seat_belt_1a.jpg

Last edited: 6 Aug 2018
    Russell Arnold likes this.
  4. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I can't remember what the size was now, but these guys know the exact size as they use this hole to attach their Kombi beds to
    VW Forty Winks Beds by Advanced Designs Ltd

5. Russell Arnold

Russell Arnold New Member

I called into my local VW dealer spare parts department today to order these bolts.. after a bit of mucking about we eventually found the bolt in question. It turned out to be described as 7/16 × 36.5mil. So it's imperial !! Once home I dug into my bucket of old bolts and found a 7/16unf bolt and it fits. I'm in Oz and this size is standard to our baby seat restraint and some seat belts. I would have thought a metric equivalent but you learn something new every day aye..

andys and mmi like this.
  6. Pete C

Pete C Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I think a lot of seat belt bolts are imperial, even on new vehicles.

Pete