This years camping in the UK :-(

Agree with most of the above. Just spent the week-end at Grove Farm, Fordingbridge, 1 mile from the New Forest, cattle grids. Nice quiet site as not a lot to do but nature walks. £19.50 p.n. with ECU C and C listed.

I know I will probably offend some, but its not just the kids; dogs can be just as bad!

We book small family sites/farms, adult only whenever possible (or unless we have the grandkids with us). Unfortunately some of the people with dogs are just as bad as the ones with feral kids! Its not "funny" then rover barks every time someone goes past; its bloody annoying. And then its sets of the chain reaction with all the other dogs.

And dont get me started on people in tents who think they are in their solid wall home. No, the walls arent made of brick; they are made of tissue paper. Yes we can hear your TV/music.

Any of this is okay in small doses and when people are aware and considerate; just having a nice time. Unfrotunately thats not the world we live in anymore. No-one gives a hoot about their neighbours when camping. Me me me.

Roll on September in France :cool:

Grump over.

I know I will probably offend some, but its not just the kids; dogs can be just as bad!

We book small family sites/farms, adult only whenever possible (or unless we have the grandkids with us). Unfortunately some of the people with dogs are just as bad as the ones with feral kids! Its not "funny" then rover barks every time someone goes past; its bloody annoying. And then its sets of the chain reaction with all the other dogs.

And dont get me started on people in tents who think they are in their solid wall home. No, the walls arent made of brick; they are made of tissue paper. Yes we can hear your TV/music.

Any of this is okay in small doses and when people are aware and considerate; just having a nice time. Unfrotunately thats not the world we live in anymore. No-one gives a hoot about their neighbours when camping. Me me me.

Grump over.
its also annoying people in tents who snore :rofl:

Grump over.
That’s the issue: “no-one gives a hoot about their neighbours when camping. Me, me, me.” Spot on!

Grump over.
I’m happy to report that we train our dogs and teach our boys to behave, especially on a campsite. (We even pick up after the boys too!!!)

When we arrived in the new forest earlier in the summer there was a van next doors pumping out some great classic 80's tunes but at a sensible noise level..shame they turned it off at 8.30 tbh...young AND considerate!
Our first night in Devon wasn't so quiet, we lowered the roof which made so much difference to the sound level, but luckily they were gone the next day, so no neighbours....bliss! Ear plugs help but then you cant find them in the morning lol!

When we arrived in the new forest earlier in the summer there was a van next doors pumping out some great classic 80's tunes but at a sensible noise level..shame they turned it off at 8.30 tbh...young AND considerate!
Our first night in Devon wasn't so quiet, we lowered the roof which made so much difference to the sound level, but luckily they were gone the next day, so no neighbours....bliss! Ear plugs help but then you cant find them in the morning lol!
If you can’t find them in the morning, you’ve plugged the wrong orifice…..I read on t’internet!

I have to admit that I had a bit of an altercation on a campsite a few years back with some neighbours who decided to fire up the music at 0400 when they arrived back at their tent.
I was also in a tent so getting out of my sleeping bag slowed me down a bit, on arrival at their tent I asked them nicely WTF they thought they were doing?
I was told that it was their ‘right to do what they want’, free spirits and all that. I warned them that if the music didn’t go off I’d take their tent down. Music stopped, back to bed and sleep.
What seemed like a few minutes later music started again but much louder, red mist, ran straight through their tent with them in it and smashed it to bits.
Job done, applause from other campers, not proud of my lack of control but sometimes it’s needed.
Back to bed.

We book small family sites/farms, adult only whenever possible (or unless we have the grandkids with us). Unfortunately some of the people with dogs are just as bad as the ones with feral kids!
We specifically don’t book adults only sites because personally we don’t like the dogs. Children can be boisterous but they are the future and can learn

You wouldn't believe the state of the place we're staying at this week, it's an absolute shambles. There's kids running around all over the place, some dog who seems to think it's our job to feed her and even the grass doesn't look like it's seen a mower in months.

Still, that's what I get for not leaving the house I suppose...

You wouldn't believe the state of the place we're staying at this week, it's an absolute shambles. There's kids running around all over the place, some dog who seems to think it's our job to feed her and even the grass doesn't look like it's seen a mower in months.

Still, that's what I get for not leaving the house I suppose...
You need to get out more:whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I have to admit that I had a bit of an altercation on a campsite a few years back with some neighbours who decided to fire up the music at 0400 when they arrived back at their tent.
I was also in a tent so getting out of my sleeping bag slowed me down a bit, on arrival at their tent I asked them nicely WTF they thought they were doing?
I was told that it was their ‘right to do what they want’, free spirits and all that. I warned them that if the music didn’t go off I’d take their tent down. Music stopped, back to bed and sleep.
What seemed like a few minutes later music started again but much louder, red mist, ran straight through their tent with them in it and smashed it to bits.
Job done, applause from other campers, not proud of my lack of control but sometimes it’s needed.
Back to bed.
Excuse me while I absolutely cheer that you lost your rag! I completely understand how you felt. Well done you!!!

I’m happy to report that we train our dogs and teach our boys to behave, especially on a campsite. (We even pick up after the boys too!!!)
Funniest thing we saw was when someone had their dog tied up outside when it kept peeing on the owners tent when they were in the clubhouse

All these noisy dogs barking reminds me of camping near or next to farm land in Spain and France. Nearly all crop land have a dog kennel. 1 dog sets the whole country going. The owners live about 5 miles away in the towns and never hear their dogs howling through the night. Wood pigeon in forests, seagulls at the sea side. It's life, suck it up or move on, and go on a cruise. There's just the disco directly above your berth then.

Back