This years camping in the UK :-(

3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Wow with all restrictions etc have stayed here in blighty, have been lucky enough to have had 5 different 5 day breaks throughout the so called summer. Not only amazed at cost but with so many by the look of it new campers cant believe how ignorant lots are, I know we stayed at a couple of so called big sites but at Dawlish site one couple had a row after beer oclock and she spent hours sulking in their 20 plate mercedes with the engine running, another group thought it was ok to play loud music until early hours but with 30 deg weather it wasnt major, just spent another time up near Bridlington and again loud music but this time only lasted until midnight (due to security), another tent all they did was swear at kids full blast, argue and swear at full blast about having to walk for a shit..
Whilst at various sites speaking to other people they have found the same over the last few years and pitches are getting more compacted to each other.
Now I know things happen but we have found with so many campers having to staycation they havent worked out how thin canvas is. For the last 5+ years we have always camper abroad but has the english camping really got this bad, or are we spoilt with spacious spread out pitches, everyone is polite with no kids running loose all hours. We only stay in our kombi when we go wild camping or weekend camping but dont really think we would of got much more noise reduction or do we need to fully convert to a camper now we are grumpy old gits !!

What your looking for is a Warner type setup …no children adults only….but camping is about family ( some adults never grow up)……I’ve read that the Camping and Caravan Club are very good on the whole camping etiquette and in general a nicer stay …let’s hope the to posh to push brigade can fly next year ….another tip if you camp on a working farm there hot on you not upsetting the animals …
this year at Bala…Megan runs a tight ship.. :laugh:

Last edited:
Wow with all restrictions etc have stayed here in blighty, have been lucky enough to have had 5 different 5 day breaks throughout the so called summer. Not only amazed at cost but with so many by the look of it new campers cant believe how ignorant lots are, I know we stayed at a couple of so called big sites but at Dawlish site one couple had a row after beer oclock and she spent hours sulking in their 20 plate mercedes with the engine running, another group thought it was ok to play loud music until early hours but with 30 deg weather it wasnt major, just spent another time up near Bridlington and again loud music but this time only lasted until midnight (due to security), another tent all they did was swear at kids full blast, argue and swear at full blast about having to walk for a shit..
Whilst at various sites speaking to other people they have found the same over the last few years and pitches are getting more compacted to each other.
Now I know things happen but we have found with so many campers having to staycation they havent worked out how thin canvas is. For the last 5+ years we have always camper abroad but has the english camping really got this bad, or are we spoilt with spacious spread out pitches, everyone is polite with no kids running loose all hours. We only stay in our kombi when we go wild camping or weekend camping but dont really think we would of got much more noise reduction or do we need to fully convert to a camper now we are grumpy old gits !!
Mrs JOG and I would consider ourselves seasoned “glampers” as we have a caravan with all facilities aboard! We did this before children or dogs were in the scene and now do it with both! I can honestly say that things have really gone downhill and I’m not being “snobby”!
We were fortunate to spend the heatwave fortnight in Cornwall last month. Is it any wonder the Cornish hate the emmets/tourists? I was embarrassed at the selfish, entitled, gobby gits we met. As for the influx of “new to camping” types who are over-compensating for the lack of holidays abroad….all the gear but no idea types!

I will get off my soapbox now!!!!

What your looking for is a Warner type setup …no children adults only….but camping is about family ( some adults never grow up)……I’ve read that the Camping and Caravan Club are very good on the whole camping etiquette and in general a nicer stay …let’s hope the to posh to push brigade can fly next year ….another tip if you camp on a working farm there hot on you not upsetting the animals …
this year a Bala…Megan runs a tight ship.. :laugh:
Very good advice!

We stick to small CCC certified sites. Usually out in the sticks, small, quiet, many are adults only, and generally cheap. We avoid the “Holiday camp sites” like the plague. We’ve had numerous 4-5 day short breaks over the last couple of months, we avoid the weekends & our experience has been in direct contrast to the OPs.

Last edited:
We stick to small CCC certified sites. Usually out in the sticks, small, quiet, many are adults only, and generally cheap. We avoid the “Holiday camp sites” like the plague. We’ve numerous 4-5 day short breaks over the last couple of months, we avoid the weekends & our experience has been in direct contrast to the OPs.
Yes, a good CL will beat a “holiday” site hands down!

We use yellow village in France etc and everything is more chilled just hope we can go next year. At least we have new forest back to basics site to look forward too when schools are back. With no leccy or shower blocks only a watering can and a fire

Reactions: CAB
I agree these are the sort of people you get on easy jet plane’s mouthing off to the hostess all the way to their grubby
little hovel in Benidorm
where they and there Ferrell kids run wild for 7 days shouting more beer and chips over here waiter
best place for them is away from us who like to enjoy the peace and quiet whilst respecting site rules and others
around us

Even CL sites aren't safe. We have one we've used a few years lovely site on working diary farm, next to small stream. Absolutely perfect for us. Unfortunately they have now gone on pitch up so its completely ruined by aresoles who don't give a toss. Last time young couple next to us with two young kids, thought oh god here we go but to be fair they were good as gold on the first night. Then the next day a load more adults and kids rock up all sharing the same tent. Every ball game you can think of came out. Up all night talking and drinking. Too stressful for me worrying about damage to my van.

How it use to be :-(

Hi definitely a society thing these days however I have had excellent stays on the Caravan and motorhome club sites this year and one bad stay on Haven Blue dolphin.
The bigger the parks and entertainment on site seems to worsen the experience.

Hi definitely a society thing these days however I have had excellent stays on the Caravan and motorhome club sites this year and one bad stay on Haven Blue dolphin.
The bigger the parks and entertainment on site seems to worsen the experience.
There’s a few very large campsites around the Newquay area best avoided at all times as with Newquay, however they do a great job of interning the drones in one place.

There’s a few very large campsites around the Newquay area best avoided at all times as with Newquay, however they do a great job of interning the drones in one place.
Gotta kettle the emmets!

Reactions: DXX
Well if it's any consolation things are just as bad here. The Spanish people are filling the sites, drinking all day and night with music and loud talking. No different to the "dross" you are getting just louder and more of them (5/10 per pitch)!!!!!!!

As for Benidorm..... well they are here (not as many) but they are here doing what they do best....... Making UK people look bad.

Enjoy it while you can as we have another 2 years (I think) of this crap.....

Back