Thinkware F770

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
Having read up on front and rear dash cams I'm just about to order the Thinkware F770..
Anyone know of any deals on it at the moment?

I have seen that the F800 is now available but I couldn't see any specs that would justify the extra £100 uplift on the price

I read it had a higher resolution image and better low light performance. I'm still very happy with my 770

Viofo A129 duo is a better alternative imo. Own and use both

That's interesting to hear, one of the biggest draws of the thinkware was that it can be set to automatically record time lapse when parked and it's easy to view the videos using the app...are those features available with viofo

Not sure about parked recording not something I use but the app is much better and easier to connect. Thinkware is good with great PQ but wifi connection is apita.

Hi, I’m now looking at an dash cam after a very frightening near miss today, prob go for the F800- silly question but I take it you can turn off features like lane switching etc.

Hi, I’m now looking at an dash cam after a very frightening near miss today, prob go for the F800- silly question but I take it you can turn off features like lane switching etc.
Yes, it has a nice mobile app you connect to it with over an ad-hoc wifi link.
B4D7D0D7-591C-46BC-893F-A1C159C9E562.jpeg

Just installed the f770 very happy with it. Handy to download via wifi albeit it is a little slow.
Not set it to record while parked but will probably change this soon.

Fitted f770 didn’t see any use in spending the extra on the 800....mine is set to record when parked but only if the van moves. You will need the extra battery for it to record all the time.
Fitted the rear camera as well...I’m no expert but fitting was easy enough but saying that my van is half stripped due to conversion.

Do you get annoying voice prompts on start up every time.

I’m now got my choice down to-
thinkware 770 /Q800
Black vue 750 orNextbase 522.

I just need a front cam and tucked out of the way and not have to remove it every time but not worry about battery drain.

It been over 6 months with me trying pick a cam.

Last edited:
Looks like the Thinkware kit just needs a press of an button to turn on/off things like mic and more important the manual record which should record the last ten seconds unlike the black Vue which I think you need to wave at a sensor on the left hand side.

Just installed the f770 very happy with it. Handy to download via wifi albeit it is a little slow.
Not set it to record while parked but will probably change this soon.
I didn't have a second battery in my last van and I found I had to set the cut off voltage in the app pretty low to get it to do parking recording for more than a few hours. I can't remember the figures but it thought the battery was lower than it actually was (does this make sense?) I'm sure it was something daft like 11.8V.

Do you get annoying voice prompts on start up every time.

I’m now got my choice down to-
thinkware 770 /Q800
Black vue 750 orNextbase 522.

I just need a front cam and tucked out of the way and not have to remove it every time but not worry about battery drain.

It been over 6 months with me trying pick a cam.
What was your choice in the end? How’s it been. Looking for exactly the same - something good but straightforward.

Back