Dashcam fitting, front and rear - costs?

psybear

Hi folks. Picking up my new T6.1 conversion in the New Year. Got a lot useful info here already. Have been reading the dashcam threads too and think I have settled on the Thinkware F790 front & rear. The convertor hasn't fitted one before but reckons 3-4 hours labour at most @£30+VAT per hour. Does this sound about right? It's obviously the rear one that will take the most time and to be honest it's not something I fancy tackling myself.

Edit: I see Halfords offer a fitting service for £70. They don't seem to have the Thinkware models but do stock the Blackvue, so thats another option. Would likely go for the DR590X-2CH or DR770X-2CH if this is the route I take.

Last edited:
Considering what you've probably paid for the conversion £100ish is small change in the whole scheme of things.. And someone you can go back to if problems occur...

Considering what you've probably paid for the conversion £100ish is small change in the whole scheme of things.. And someone you can go back to if problems occur...
Yeah that's kind of my thinking on it to be honest. Plus he knows the van obviously.

Seen some lovely 'installs' from Halfords over the years, (obviously its down the individual doing the job..)

Cables ties round the curtain airbag was a nice touch! :D

Well worth the extra expense of getting the convertor to fit it.

Back