These headlights are ####!!!

I think you’ve hit the point. At the end of the day it is based on a commercial vehicle, of which the vast majority are only used during daylight hours. Maybe we should be praising VW for offering alternative options and so saving commercial users a fair amount of money on a legal requirement.

I would expect a company that produces some of thee most expensive LGVs to make a slightly shinier light. Having a gripe with your van is going to happen. I’ve never truly been 100% happy with any vehicle but no issues have ever related to a safety aspect.

Yes, they use a H7 bulb, however it's in a projector rather than just a reflector..... so the light will be better than a normal h7 T6, further more the options to then use HID or LED bulb will be much better because you won't have beam pattern issues. I realise that yeah it may not be as good as VW LED, but to retro fit them is going to cost like 2k. The travelin lite units are less than 500 and will be a huge improvement over the stock h4, and they look fantastic with the led DRL.
Fair enough, it’s just you mentioned they were full LED so I didn’t want you buying them on false pretences. I’ll wait to see how all the people who get them next year rate them as regards light output, but I must admit, the LED DRLs that they use put me off as they just look like the old style LEDs that were running around on T5s 5 yrs ago.

Yes, I should of been more clear regarding the full LED part, my bad!
I hear what you saying about the LED Drl, but considering the price of a full set of lights is only 120 more than just the vw DRL, I'm happy to take the gamble. Yes, not 100% the solution I want but all things considered I think it will be a very good alternative to stock h4 lights.

my nissan navara led's were excellent and the truck was less than £25k. would expect better these days from a huge manufacturer

I'm the same, they are OK and have absolutely no wish to upgrade. I reckon this lot need to take their sunglasses of after dark or something, either that or there is a vast difference between H4 lights on T6s
Colin.....if you're happy with yours, that's great. I'm not....and nor are lots of people on here. I suppose I was spoilt....I had a BMW with Bi xenons. I live in a rural area with lots of unlit roads.....and for the kind of motoring I do, MINE are shocking. I wouldn't dream of telling you that you were wrong about something.....we're all entitled to an opinion and I accept yours. Like I say, great, if yours are ok.....you're fortunate. Mine most definitely aren't ok.....particularly in the wet, they're dangerous. I had a near miss last winter.....the details of which don't matter. I'm convinced my headlights were a contributory factor. There's nothing wrong with my eyes before you ask.

.......and I was out with my brother in law the other day.....and he said the same!
lennie-peters1-e1415736936481-700x400.jpg

Colin.....if you're happy with yours, that's great. I'm not....and nor are lots of people on here. I suppose I was spoilt....I had a BMW with Bi xenons. I live in a rural area with lots of unlit roads.....and for the kind of motoring I do, MINE are shocking. I wouldn't dream of telling you that you were wrong about something.....we're all entitled to an opinion and I accept yours. Like I say, great, if yours are ok.....you're fortunate. Mine most definitely aren't ok.....particularly in the wet, they're dangerous. I had a near miss last winter.....the details of which don't matter. I'm convinced my headlights were a contributory factor. There's nothing wrong with my eyes before you ask.
Fine, I'll shut up and piss off then

I think your mad they are rubbish for the price/class of vehicle
Driving on an unlit national speed limit road out of town at night is awful, before I converted mine to LED I was almost afraid to drive near the speed limit as always thinking if there was an obstruction in the road by the time it's visible/apparent would I be able to stop in time !!
How easy was the upgrade and how much did it cost you?

I have been trying to get Volkswagen to resolve the poor headlight problems on my T6 as well. I have since tested my and other T6 vehicles and found that the voltage at the H4 halogen light bulb is only 11.1 Volts. The South Africa and European standard is 13.2 Volts. It is estimated that at 11.1 Volts the H4 bulbs only emits 55% of the 100% emitted at 13.2 Volts.

I expect that Volkswagen will have to do an international recall to get the vehicles up to standard. I would suggest that everybody have their vehicle tested and take it up with Volkswagen in your region to get this issue resolved.

To be honest I have no idea what bulbs I have but I'm guessing they're not H4s as I have no problem with mine?

If you really want appalling lights try riding a 2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 at night... absolutely ferkin lethal, I stopped riding it at night and sold it after a year as I was so pissed off with it. The worst bike lights I have experienced in 39 years of biking and that includes my 1986 Yamaha XT250 that had a 6 volt 35w/35w tungsten bulb!!!

To be honest I have no idea what bulbs I have but I'm guessing they're not H4s as I have no problem with mine?

If you really want appalling lights try riding a 2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 at night... absolutely ferkin lethal, I stopped riding it at night and sold it after a year as I was so p***ed off with it. The worst bike lights I have experienced in 39 years of biking and that includes my 1986 Yamaha XT250 that had a 6 volt 35w/35w tungsten bulb!!!
I had a Guzzi Le Mans 2 which had a candle for a front light and caught fire if it was on full beam for too long :rofl:

Russell from Oz here. Just bought a T6 Transporter, and lights are indeed poor. If they are not getting full voltage as suggested above, fitting relays should solve the voltage issue for not a lot of cost. Thoughts? I'm off to measure my voltage on the weekend.

Back