These headlights are ####!!!

There's a company who have just completed the development works on a set of full Aftermarket LED lights. Plug and play, no errors, self levelling. I can't really say how good they are but when mine arrive in January I'll be positing uona how to guide and a before and after review
I’m interested! Where are they from? How did you get to hear about them?

I’m interested! Where are they from? How did you get to hear about them?

Been following the Facebook pages. They make lights for T5, the lights have been ready for about 3 months but there was some coding problems with the Euro 6. Do a google search for travelin lite I think it's called .

Been following the Facebook pages. They make lights for T5, the lights have been ready for about 3 months but there was some coding problems with the Euro 6. Do a google search for travelin lite I think it's called .
Ah right, the transporter hq/travellin lite lights have been discussed many times on here. But they're not LED headlights, they're H7s with LED running lights. Bummer I thought you'd found something new!

I'm going to sound right out of place here, but I cant fault my H4 single reflector headlights.
I certainly couldn't remotely describe them as, ' dangerous ', and, ' unfit for purpose '.
I find they give a good range of light both on dipped and full beam.
Maybe I have low light expectations but they are more than comparable to my Vivaro, my wifes Insignia and my Discovery.
I've got a mate who's T6 has LED headlights and we are going to do a side by side comparison. I'll post up the resulting pictures.

I want to know if you can program fog lights to come up with headlights.
I'm going to sound right out of place here, but I cant fault my H4 single reflector headlights.
I certainly couldn't remotely describe them as, ' dangerous ', and, ' unfit for purpose '.
I find they give a good range of light both on dipped and full beam.
Maybe I have low light expectations but they are more than comparable to my Vivaro, my wifes Insignia and my Discovery.
I've got a mate who's T6 has LED headlights and we are going to do a side by side comparison. I'll post up the resulting pictures.
Already been done, just search this.
H4's V's LED's - Real World Test

The dealer I spoke to at bishopbriggs said he doesn’t know how bad he h4’s Are as he has h7’s. Turns out he has h4’s And doesn’t drive anywhere other than from home to work and back, on lit roads.

I didn’t think they were bad but when I went up north driving through Glencoe with deer all over the place they were dangerous. Couldn’t see a thing. I have opted for h7’s over the aftermarket ones as they are only led DRL with h7 bulbs. Anyone who does go for the transporterhq lights make sure you get them coded!

I've just read all 8 pages.
Certainly the side by side photos of the LED and H4 lights show a very stark contrast.
I have another mate with a T5 fitted with standard H4 light units. Maybe I'd be better to compare my T6 H4 lights with his.

I'm the same, they are OK and have absolutely no wish to upgrade. I reckon this lot need to take their sunglasses of after dark or something, either that or there is a vast difference between H4 lights on T6s

I think your mad they are rubbish for the price/class of vehicle
Driving on an unlit national speed limit road out of town at night is awful, before I converted mine to LED I was almost afraid to drive near the speed limit as always thinking if there was an obstruction in the road by the time it's visible/apparent would I be able to stop in time !!

I think there must be something wrong or different with your lights because I can see fine. Admittedly they aren't mega bright but they are plenty good enough for me to drive at normal speeds on rural roads at night safely. the only criticism I would make is a dark patch for about 6ft in front of the van but when I'm driving I tend to look a bit forward than that anyway

I think there must be something wrong or different with your lights because I can see fine. Admittedly they aren't mega bright but they are plenty good enough for me to drive at normal speeds on rural roads at night safely. the only criticism I would make is a dark patch for about 6ft in front of the van but when I'm driving I tend to look a bit forward than that anyway
I don't think there is anything wrong with his van, If you look at the abundance of past posts and survey of unhappy owners, for the price of the vans they are appalling.

I work nights between 8pm and 5 am and cover about 30k miles per year in two vans one with h4’s and one with led’s. The difference between the h4’s and led is literally “night and day”. There is no excuse for the H4’s, not fit for purpose!!

But if I only drove the vans occasionally in the dark they wouldn’t bother me to much.

Led’s Will be the first option on the next one, just wish the van with the led’s had come first then we would off waited for a factory on the other one.

But if I only drove the vans occasionally in the dark they wouldn’t bother me to much.
I think you’ve hit the point. At the end of the day it is based on a commercial vehicle, of which the vast majority are only used during daylight hours. Maybe we should be praising VW for offering alternative options and so saving commercial users a fair amount of money on a legal requirement.
My van is a works vehicle and driven for the most part during the working day I couldn’t justify the expense of LED’s but instead speced the lights and vision pack H7 (Knowing how bad my T5’s lights where on the odd occasion I got caught out after dark)
I do sympathise with any poor soul with the H4’s

For me they're fine on lit roads. Our offices are on a farm which is black as pitch when I finish. The combination of narrow beam, poor lights and random farm crap in my path is a bad moment waiting to happen.

Nearly clipped a digger scoop on my way out this evening. I'm starting to think that the farm hands are just bobby trapping where I park.

Huge difference when I drive the five year older Volvo in.

@VWJAY, quite agree with that.

I think if the dash had a standard light that indicates when the lights are on it would subconsciously take away the poor performance of the lights, as I always wonder if the headlights are even working when the daylight starts to fade.

A little green light would put the mind at ease that the lights are on and all would be right with the world

Ah right, the transporter hq/travellin lite lights have been discussed many times on here. But they're not LED headlights, they're H7s with LED running lights. Bummer I thought you'd found something new!

Yes, they use a H7 bulb, however it's in a projector rather than just a reflector..... so the light will be better than a normal h7 T6, further more the options to then use HID or LED bulb will be much better because you won't have beam pattern issues. I realise that yeah it may not be as good as VW LED, but to retro fit them is going to cost like 2k. The travelin lite units are less than 500 and will be a huge improvement over the stock h4, and they look fantastic with the led DRL.

Back