These headlights are ####!!!

you will have to start taking up eating carrots to improve your night vision.

Im extremely disappointed in mine at night.

It wasn’t until my wife got hold of her Grandads old Fiesta that I realised just how bad H4’s are to drive with, cos that has them. You can see about 2m from the front bumper! Been looking at replacement bulbs. What makes it worse is that I get out of the van which has LED’s, then drive the Fiesta. It’s like driving with a sodding blindfold on.

Nothing wrong with h4 lights bulbs but everything wrong with the reflector bowl design vw use in the h4 housing.

I'm getting LED ones....the h4 were terrible, they got a bit better with the 150% philips bulbs and LED 'fog' lights... but now thats its dark for 16-18 hrs a day these lights are just plain crap.

I'm getting LED ones....the h4 were terrible, they got a bit better with the 150% philips bulbs and LED 'fog' lights... but now thats its dark for 16-18 hrs a day these lights are just plain crap.
I'd love LED ones but I just can't run to £2.5k+ :( I'm torn between ordinary H7s or doing what @Alan Walsh did and have Xenons made.

Went out in the dark for the first time last night since buying the van, thought I'd put my bank robbers ski mask on backwards. Can't believe VW allow this crap on the roads. Are zee Germans zee largest consumer of carrots in the world?

I'd love LED ones but I just can't run to £2.5k+ :( I'm torn between ordinary H7s or doing what @Alan Walsh did and have Xenons made.
Someone else (I think on the forum) has had a set done, but just the main h4 swopped rather than do as I have and gone nuts! I think if you were to just go for the xenon and remove/re fit yourself you should be looking around 600(at a guess!) the removal is easy just means the van is out of action for a bit.

Last edited:
There's a company who have just completed the development works on a set of full Aftermarket LED lights. Plug and play, no errors, self levelling. I can't really say how good they are but when mine arrive in January I'll be positing uona how to guide and a before and after review

I think they're dangerous.....you need to raise it with your dealer. If they get enough complaints, vw have to do something......well, so my dealer said! Can't do any harm.....I've raised it with vw customer services too after a fright I had one night!
Look on the (not so) bright side.....does wonders for your fuel economy! I'm upgrading mine at the weekend......I'm off to Ikea for some tea lights.....just need to find a way of stopping them blowing out when I'm on the move! :(

I think they're dangerous.....you need to raise it with your dealer. If they get enough complaints, vw have to do something......well, so my dealer said! Can't do any harm.....I've raised it with vw customer services too after a fright I had one night!
Look on the (not so) bright side.....does wonders for your fuel economy! I'm upgrading mine at the weekend......I'm off to Ikea for some tea lights.....just need to find a way of stopping them blowing out when I'm on the move! :(

They don’t seem to take any notice at all, doesn’t seem to matter who complains.

Back