Theme for T7?

chriscroft

15 years of VW T 'ing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I can't help but think our current T6's really go back to 2000 when then the T5 was buttoned down.
And VW have been very conservative with development/styling/packaging of their MPV/SUV/Lifestyle vehicles, particularly true of the UK market variants. Although the Gen6 and split colours in a step in the right direction.
This may not be relevant to a fleet operator who wants a 1000 low rent 102 T6 in white;
but to some of us the T6 is as much about the "Heart" as the "Head";
About our life style and passion; more than as a reliable means of carting stuff around with somebody else driving it.

So, if the new "T-ROC" the first of 19 new VW group SUV's coming our way then this bodes very very well for the new T7 maybe ..........

IMG_4129.JPG IMG_4131.JPG
Not sure which Acronym suits our interpretation of the vehicle as we use it.
Utility Vehicle = Commercial Based vehicle with of road ability
Sport Utility Vehicle = UV which is nice to drive on the road
or:-
MPV:A multi-purpose vehicle, a large car or small bus designed to be used on and off-road and easily convertible to facilitate loading of goods from facilitating carrying people

SUV:A sport utility vehicle (SUV) is a generic marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon, but built on a light-truck chassis.[1] Usually equipped with four-wheel drive for on- or off-road ability, and with some pretension or ability to be used as an off-road vehicle, some SUVs include the towing capacity of a pickup truck with the passenger-carrying space of a minivan or large sedan

Maybe a MPSUV ??????:):thumbsup:

A van.
If equipped with 4wd, a van with SUV tendencies but no muppet image.

Not a car. Not an aggressive nob replacement.
Simply a van.

Not sure what you are saying, but this forums T6's are mainly about a lot more than the cheapest way to carry Amazon goods from A to B
The under pinnings of a T are a bloody good van, but that is just the start of the story
The next VW T "Van" will probably be based on an audi Q7 platform....
Plain vanilla "Vans" will probably come form China made "Nangchung fu-ung"
Vans, plain Vans noway
I think the T7 will be very exiting, and a lot more than just a van

ps. just read that the BMW M140 road tested was last, hammered by A HONDA CIVIC shopping trolly:D:D:D:):thumbsup:

Not sure what you are saying, but this forums T6's are mainly about a lot more than the cheapest way to carry Amazon goods from A to B
The under pinnings of a T are a bloody good van, but that is just the start of the story
The next VW T "Van" will probably be based on an audi Q7 platform....
Plain vanilla "Vans" will probably come form China made "Nangchung fu-ung"
Vans, plain Vans noway
I think the T7 will be very exiting, and a lot more than just a van

ps. just read that the BMW M140 road tested was last, hammered by A HONDA CIVIC shopping trolly:D:D:D:):thumbsup:

It was TRACK tested. And the more track biased CTR edged it; it didn't hammer it. If you want a FWD Halfords special, go ahead. In all other tests the BM kills it.

Why should a van be more than a van?
We have the top end T6; it's very nice but it's still a van.
Why all this lifestyle BS around a van? It's a van.
Any attempts to make it otherwise are futile.

Just like a Civic is a FWD chaviot.

Pointless baiting = ignore button.

Last edited:
Well I don't have an M140i and it was probably in Autoexpress or some other tabloid excuse for a car mag.

Because all those people who cart cycles, camp, water sports etc etc etc are buying something a lot more than just Van.
Hyundai make good vans, which are cheaper. Why wouldn't you?
Because most peoples buying decisions are complex and unique to them.
It's called Marketing, and it's full of nuance.

It was TRACK tested. And the more track biased CTR edged it; it didn't hammer it. If you want a FWD Halfords special, go ahead. In all other tests the BM kills it.

Pointless baiting = ignore button.

Have you just called most of the forum member lifestyle BS?. Have I read that right @Polzeylad

Id be happy if they got rid of a few van like characteristics like rattles, rolly polly ride and hard plastics etc

Having driven a 140 I would have one all day over the civic, they are rocket ships in any gear at any speed, unlike the civics that need to be kept in the top end of the revs.

Last edited:
My T5 never rattled, so expect even more rattling in the T7...

Life and style are whatever you want them to be. Mmm, ignore; couldn't have said it better myself, I'll go and sit with the other 1999 muppets.

Being Vegan is a lifestyle choice lol

Having a van has not changed what I do, but has opened up some options in regards to what I will be doing in the future.

The best thing about the Transporter is it suits such a wide audience and for all different reasons, and thats why its so interesting on here.

Back