Team Peppermint Green

Welcome Manic! Makes a massive difference once the windows are on! Like the stripe too. Pick mine up on wednesday, already bought loads for a conversion. Also picking up some wheels on wednesday.

Has anybody found any information on service history for these vans? I've just come off the phone with VW Van centre and there is no dealer service history. He said most fleet companies do their own services in house- which is fine if they use OEM parts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He also said VW recommend the timing belt replacement at 4 years or 100K miles! Good to know

Worth noting that they have 3yrs 100k mile warranty. I bought my green machine 96k and its not 3yrs until October. I bought a Carista and found low EGR flow fault and oil pressure switch fault in the ECU, took it to VW and they flushed the EGR valve and replaced the sensor. Worth the Carista for £25, also for turning on dial sweep on startup and a tear wipe after washing windows.

This is a very good question and a bit of an issue come sale time. They have been advertised as having FSH and yet we have nothing to prove that.
I picked my van up yesterday and found the windscreen now had a big chip right in the middle. Matt hadnt noticed it allegedly and said that I should get it fixed and he would cover it. Anyway, I've sent an email to FPS direct so will update when I get a reply. Did anyone question the servicing with matt at the vanyard or grange even when they bought theirs?

Got an answer from FPS. Apparently some vans are done at VW and some at independent garages..... mines been done at VW so i need to contact them for details.
Stupidly one of the things that slipped my mind was to ask about history due to the excitement! I had my air filter off just to check and it's definitely not been changed for a long time! (75k miles on mine)

I bet mine was done at independent garages. It's booked in at VW for a full service in a few weeks anyway so we'll see what they find!

Nice wheels by the way :D

Yeah me niether so im happy with the info i got. Mine is due a service in 500 miles so will need to price that up but want to see what was done last time ie timing belt etc. Cheers, personal thing are wheels but like the black against the green.

Hi guys, i had the same with my van. Got carried away when i bought it, got the folder but no history within. Also no record of any servicing with VW. She on 85k so was keen to get the service history together before i got an EGR issue investigated. I was lucky, i got in touch with the fleet manager at FPS and tracked down the garage that did all the servicing ald was able to send him a new genuine service book to fill out for me. If anyone needs the contact email for FPS fleet manager, drop me a Pm.

Also, due to these vans being low duty, high mileage, were on 20k long life servicing. Worth knowing if searching for history.

Good work geordman. Im gonna speak with VW at some point next week and see if they will do the same with a service book or at least get a print

Hi guys, i had the same with my van. Got carried away when i bought it, got the folder but no history within. Also no record of any servicing with VW. She on 85k so was keen to get the service history together before i got an EGR issue investigated. I was lucky, i got in touch with the fleet manager at FPS and tracked down the garage that did all the servicing ald was able to send him a new genuine service book to fill out for me. If anyone needs the contact email for FPS fleet manager, drop me a Pm.
Hi same thing with us not service book, would it be possible to grab the details from you so I can contact. Cheers

Hi same thing with us not service book, would it be possible to grab the details from you so I can contact. Cheers
Hi hayley, please try and ring a vw van centre first and see if its been serviced at vw. This is 50:50 if it has, but if so itll be on the nationwide database and theyll be able to print it for you.
However, Pm me for the details of the guy fps if you have no luck, but this should be our last resort. He gave all the vans back to vw, so we should only contact him if we really need to. :thumbsup:

Hi, I've also got the same problem, said he would email a service history printout when I bought the van, rung him 3 times emailed him still no history, rang VW, not been serviced by them, could you pm me the email address for S C fleet manager please

Back