Team Startline with unpainted bumpers

Fantastic @Pugsley Love ya lots!
I`m still working on getting this to activate with the fob when you unlock it. I think I`ve sussed it but need to find the time to run the live feed from the rear interior light at the interior light but this involves pulling out the roof lining. I`m 99% confident this will work and stay on whilst driving. I will post a how to video if it works.

I`m still working on getting this to activate with the fob when you unlock it. I think I`ve sussed it but need to find the time to run the live feed from the rear interior light at the interior light but this involves pulling out the roof lining. I`m 99% confident this will work and stay on whilst driving. I will post a how to video if it works.
Via the video destructions, I'm presuming that stays on whilst driving? Is it the same as our pool playing kilt wearing chap from well up north who's Led's stay on for a short while after switch off?

Yes, it stays on whilst driving/ignition on and it stays on for about 30 seconds once you turn ignition off. Works like an "arrive home" light.
Thank you so much @Pugsley , that works for me, annoy the neighbours, that works for me too! If you ever need piano lessons I'll sort you! But when it comes to removing the roof lining of the van, I won't go there!

Sorted it to work on the first press of the fob. Had a couple of jobs to do on the van today, run a wire to the battery for my sub and remove the bulk head so I also ran a cable from the light strip to the rear interior light. Here goes, there are 3 wires going to the interion light switch. There is 1 permenant live, 1 earth that is controlled by opening the doors and 1 earth controlled by the door lock. I have connected the light strip live to the interior light live and the light strip earth to the earth controlled by the door locks. The result is the light strip comes on when the van is unlocked with the fob, stays on with the ignition on and goes off as soon as you lock with the fob. Video below.

Sorted it to work on the first press of the fob. Had a couple of jobs to do on the van today, run a wire to the battery for my sub and remove the bulk head so I also ran a cable from the light strip to the rear interior light. Here goes, there are 3 wires going to the interion light switch. There is 1 permenant live, 1 earth that is controlled by opening the doors and 1 earth controlled by the door lock. I have connected the light strip live to the interior light live and the light strip earth to the earth controlled by the door locks. The result is the light strip comes on when the van is unlocked with the fob, stays on with the ignition on and goes off as soon as you lock with the fob. Video below.
Get you looks perfect thanks for the information

First trip in the new conversion (2017 Startline with unpainted bumpers :)really like the van but disappointingly some quite major issues with the conversion that need addressing, currently awaiting a response. I won’t be waiting too long…

Anyway here goes..

IMG_2472.jpeg

First trip in the new conversion (2017 Startline with unpainted bumpers :)really like the van but disappointingly some quite major issues with the conversion that need addressing, currently awaiting a response. I won’t be waiting too long…

Anyway here goes..

View attachment 229690
Looks great, mint! Lovely wheels. What's gone wrong internally?

Looks great, mint! Lovely wheels. What's gone wrong internally?
Thanks.

Leisure electrics are a mess & Victron DC/DC charger not working
R&R bed not fixed properly
Underslung water tank bracket loose

In spite of the issues which will hopefully be sorted without any hassle we really like it. Next step will be some @Dav-Tec mods ;)

Thanks.

Leisure electrics are a mess & Victron DC/DC charger not working
R&R bed not fixed properly
Underslung water tank bracket loose

In spite of the issues which will hopefully be sorted without any hassle we really like it. Next step will be some @Dav-Tec mods ;)
You won't be recommending your conversion company then?! Shame. Chris does wondrous things, almost a pleasure parting with your money for what he does!

You won't be recommending your conversion company then?! Shame. Chris does wondrous things, almost a pleasure parting with your money for what he does!
I’m prepared to give them a chance to put things right so we’ll see what happens.

Yes looking forward to the next upgrade adventures :)

Back