Team Peppermint Green

Didnt watch the transporter hq video on youtube by any chance?? Thts exactly what they use! We are using a jigsaw and j seals so looks decent anyway but think we will try the metal shears and aviation snips on mine
Might have done?? :) The metal shears are expensive bits of kit, however the nibbler I picked up for £35 and its bang on. Fast! and really controlled, the only downside is it fills your van with tiny half moon shaped nibbles :) let me know if you need to borrow the nibbler and shears, I could send them to you...

My bf wanted to use the grinder for speed, ( this is his third set off camper windows he's done. But I didn't like the sparks so made him go with the jigsaw ha! We used a hole saw to get the corners nice, then little drills holes all the way round, played join the dots with a Sharpie then he followed that with the jigsaw
The grinder does create a lot of heat in the panel and the filings on the body work need to be cleaned off quickly by gently. I used a large hole saw on the corners too! By going from the inside so you can get nice and close to the corner. that worked well for me :thumbsup:

Have u all used the seals around the inside of the window or have anynof you just used carpet/something else?

I’m tucking the carpet in around the edge. Each to their own, I don’t think it makes much difference. I guess with the j trim the edge can be a bit rougher, the carpet might show imperfections through.

We bought it converted. I’d spent a decade tweaking a conversion on VW T4 but work and a baby due Wednesday forced a low maintenance upgrade. Not even been for a proper drive yet! The fit out is lovely a few bits id change but that’s always the way. No decent pics but here’s one with me being very pleased in the boot!

911CB7AE-F974-4DC0-8053-B16017F66AC1.jpeg

We bought it converted. I’d spent a decade tweaking a conversion on VW T4 but work and a baby due Wednesday forced a low maintenance upgrade. Not even been for a proper drive yet! The fit out is lovely a few bits id change but that’s always the way. No decent pics but here’s one with me being very pleased in the boot!

View attachment 108910
That looks awesome! Picking my unconverted one up this weekend hopefully and then the endless conversion process starts!
Can i ask what size wheels tyres yours has and how do find the ride (if uve had chance to drive it yet!!!)?
Im thinking 19” gloss black alloys but concerned regards ride etc as dont really want to be changing suspension yet

Nice one, yeah mine is gonna take ages to get done! Have your got a van Instagram page? Add me @teal_dreams_t6. Be cool to follow your travels
Just started following you on insta. Things look good with your build. Im looking at range rover or bmw tiger claws in gloss black i think. Interested to know how the van feels on the bigger wheels when u get them on

Just started following you on insta. Things look good with your build. Im looking at range rover or bmw tiger claws in gloss black i think. Interested to know how the van feels on the bigger wheels when u get them on
Ohh what's your insta tag, so I know who you are lol,

Those wheels were one of my other options too, they're nice

Mine are still in paint ATM, we painted them once but the laquer reacted, so had to sand then and start again

Hopefully not long until they're on though

Hello everyone! just made an account so I could join this thread :laugh:
Will be picking up my Peppermint green from Grange on Saturday all being well! I've started following some of you on Instagram- looking forward to seeing how all of your conversions progress

Hello everyone! just made an account so I could join this thread :laugh:
Will be picking up my Peppermint green from Grange on Saturday all being well! I've started following some of you on Instagram- looking forward to seeing how all of your conversions progress
Hi! How did u find grange? I enquired about one of these vans he had on auto trader and he told me it had sold, a few days later the same van appeared back on AT £1000 more!

Hi! How did u find grange? I enquired about one of these vans he had on auto trader and he told me it had sold, a few days later the same van appeared back on AT £1000 more!

Yes it seems they had that many in stock that he put a generic advert up for 'green vans' at a low price to draw people in- they had gone up in price by the time we got there. There was no chance of him budging on price either- he was constantly on the phone taking enquiries so if we didn't buy he knew somebody else would!

Apart from that he seemed to know his stuff and was happy to leave us alone to pick over the vans and test drive any of them as we pleased ‍♂

Can i ask those of you who have done windows, where did u get them from? My mates are camperglass and cost him around £600 for everything. Im now looking to order and have found some on veedub transporters website which would normally be the same price but the fitting kits and seals are free so coming in at £430.

Can i ask those of you who have done windows, where did u get them from? My mates are camperglass and cost him around £600 for everything. Im now looking to order and have found some on veedub transporters website which would normally be the same price but the fitting kits and seals are free so coming in at £430.

I got mine from van style, just check the window trim for the barn doors is thick enough, the one that was supplied was too slim, but we got some j trim and that was perfect

Got my mid windows from camper glass and they’re spot on, really good quality. :thumbsup:

Ordered mine from kiravans after watching their how-to YouTube videos. £225 for the kit but I'm only doing the 2 middle Ones... for now

Back