Team Indium Grey

Finally got round to lowering it - 40mm Cobra springs. It has made a difference in being less bouncy and feels more planted. I am happy with the set up as it needs to be practical. Sticking with the Davenport's for now but not sure about spacers. Maybe dynamic side indicators too?

Before and after pics.

View attachment 64559

View attachment 64560
Good to know thanks. Got mine last month and started the conversion and springs is on the todo list. Is it best to wait until there is weight in the van or doesn't it matter? How much were the springs?

My van is booked in to get my suspension fitted Monday. i cant wait!

H&R 50mm lowering springs
Koni sport dampers

I had my wheels fitted today too. SuperMetal Fin alloys.
Just jungle massive gaps. But it's coming together slowly. Its only been 2 weeks or soIMG_9987.jpg

Koni sport dampers

I had my wheels fitted today too. Just jungle massive gaps. But it's coming together slowly. Its only been 2 weeks or soView attachment 76654
Great news! keep me posted please. What spoiler is that? OEM?
What other work you thinking of? Cheers

Great news! keep me posted please. What spoiler is that? OEM?
What other work you thinking of? Cheers

Well, the spoiler was on it already. So im not sure.

So far I've (2 weeks wish):
Removed the bulkhead and frame.
fitted the 2 sliding windows
changed the front badge to matt black (obligatory)
fitted a vwcarbon gloss black splitter
vwcarbon gloss black upper grill inserts
removed rear badges
Wheels as above photo
Suspension as mentioned

Plans this weekend:
sound proof and insulate rear cab using silent coat and dodo etc.
Fit a leisure battery/inverter etc under the seat. Ordering the parts tomorrow. Ctek 250se etc

Future:
depends how it sits Monday, maybe some spacers
Wire the rear electrics (usb, lights, inverter, switches)
ply and carpet
Flooring (not sure yet)
oak roof (maybe)
2+1 seats
retro roof rack
reupholster the seats .

And im not sure of the rest.

Whats your plans?

Well, the spoiler was on it already. So im not sure.

So far I've (2 weeks wish):
Removed the bulkhead and frame.
fitted the 2 sliding windows
changed the front badge to matt black (obligatory)
fitted a vwcarbon gloss black splitter
vwcarbon gloss black upper grill inserts
removed rear badges
Wheels as above photo
Suspension as mentioned

Plans this weekend:
sound proof and insulate rear cab using silent coat and dodo etc.
Fit a leisure battery/inverter etc under the seat. Ordering the parts tomorrow. Ctek 250se etc

Future:
depends how it sits Monday, maybe some spacers
Wire the rear electrics (usb, lights, inverter, switches)
ply and carpet
Flooring (not sure yet)
oak roof (maybe)
2+1 seats
retro roof rack
reupholster the seats .

And im not sure of the rest.

Whats your plans?
Good list there :) Any shots of the exterior? I'm thinking of the same front lip spoiler too.
My list as it stands now...
- Springs and shocks (still deciding on this so trying out a few different setups on Friday)
- 18" alloys (leaning towards the '1Form EDT.1's or Wolfrace X10's at the minute)
- Rear Spoiler
- Side bars
- Gloss black paintwork to all exterior plastics
- Full sound deaden and insulation throughout
- Carpet line with Alcantara roof and pillars
- Mood lighting
- Leather seats with sports upgrade in the front
- Full audio upgrade (sub, amp, front and rear speakers)
- Carpet mats with company logo
That's all I can remember right now - The wait is killing me and by coincidence I started back at work last week so things are really difficult to research and/or schedule in. Oh well, at least I've got work I gues.
I have to change the ride first. I've not even had it a week yet but it's getting on my nerves already. I'm thinking of doing the outside first and then doing the inside as one build. There's no real difference in cost if I get someone to do all the mods in one hit or split it up over a few builds. I'll see how things workout in the next few days or so...

Good to know thanks. Got mine last month and started the conversion and springs is on the todo list. Is it best to wait until there is weight in the van or doesn't it matter? How much were the springs?
The springs were approx £180 from Transporter Life via eBay. I also changed the drop links and top mounts (another story) as the van was on 70k when I got it lowered.

It depends how low you want to go. For me, I needed practicality and 40mm was ok. On reflection, I would go to 50mm. I did it without weight in the back, but ours is just a Kombi with no conversion. My view is get the right springs or coilovers to suit the weight you will be carrying and what the axle weights say on your van.

Use this forum which is packed full of great stuff to help you out.

I became a member in anticipation of getting our T6. We ordered it from Camper King on the 6th February. Due to “the rona”, Lookers where we sourced the van went into lockdown before they delivered it and CK also went into lockdown. It was due at the end of April but obviously delayed somewhat.
We picked it up Friday night and I’m happy to finally join team Indium Grey. So here’s “The Boss” as named by my 6 year old son. A 19 plate LWB 150 DSG Highline with a CK old style Santorini conversion with the off grid pack, Dakar kit (Swamper) and rear speakers fitted as extras. We absolutely love it.

9CD8C4BB-D606-4CDD-9940-25C8E2A4D390.jpegB3334493-914D-4ED3-BDA6-8D4ACFEDC98B.jpegDBD3E370-F4BA-4CD2-BA81-2404C771C64E.jpeg

I became a member in anticipation of getting our T6. We ordered it from Camper King on the 6th February. Due to “the rona”, Lookers where we sourced the van went into lockdown before they delivered it and CK also went into lockdown. It was due at the end of April but obviously delayed somewhat.
We picked it up Friday night and I’m happy to finally join team Indium Grey. So here’s “The Boss” as named by my 6 year old son. A 19 plate LWB 150 DSG Highline with a CK old style Santorini conversion with the off grid pack, Dakar kit (Swamper) and rear speakers fitted as extras. We absolutely love it.

View attachment 77230View attachment 77231View attachment 77232

One day I will go down (or up) the Swamper route. I cannot even imagine how nice it must feel not having to scan the road ahead for potholes or even twigs on set-ups like mine, but that is really nice.

One day I will go down (or up) the Swamper route. I cannot even imagine how nice it must feel not having to scan the road ahead for potholes or even twigs on set-ups like mine, but that is really nice.
Thank you. I’m really impressed with the van so far. Our last Campervan was a 52 plate Citroen Relay SWB high top which was great as a first van but went rotten and had to be scrapped after three years.

Koni sport dampers

I had my wheels fitted today too. Just jungle massive gaps. But it's coming together slowly. Its only been 2 weeks or soView attachment 76654

Lower at last.
079CD23A-FEA4-4025-931B-8ED9F4078DFB.jpegFFF66358-C52F-4495-A177-40B966B41FCA.jpeg
Sitting much better. And the handling is great.
On with the internals now.

Hi All

Just picked up my first T6. T30 Highline, manual, 150bhp, folding mirrors, heated seats, discovery media with app-connect, LED headlights etc
Very happy with it so far.
Already order some Koni active dampers and H&R 50mm lowering springs from CRS Performance. Excellent communication and help.
Front splitter from VWcarbon.
Matt badges. front and rear.
Just deciding what wheels now? Obviously 20's. But i've toyed with a few, Supermetal Cell in either matt grey or bronze. Judd T311R's again grey or bronze? who knows yet?
Then onto the kombi/day van conversion.

Anyway, i'm sure i'll hassle everyone more as time goes on.

I've been on this forum for weeks already, and everyone is really helpful. I look forward to helping anyone else when i get some T6 experience.

See you all around
Hi @cfdave, I’m thinking of a similar set up with 50mm drop! Have you installed it all yet, just wondering what the ride is like??

Hi @cfdave, I’m thinking of a similar set up with 50mm drop! Have you installed it all yet, just wondering what the ride is like??
hi elvisbug.
I actually have koni sports dampers. With the 50mm H&r springs.
They are great. Handling is amazing. And I find it's quite a smooth drive. If i hit a big ditch, i can feel it obviously. But apart from that I'm really happy.
It's also sitting a little lower than my updated photo. I think? It maybe be me going insane though.
You're welcome to try the ride if you're around my way.

Hey everyone!
Quick update on my exterior changes so far... I hope this is in the right section?

So I had my suspension fitted yesterday by Steve from @CRS Performance :)
Hopefully Steve will jump in and answer any technical questions but essentially he's fitted the H&R / Koni Coilover kit with a final drop of around 70mm. He also kindly swapped my alloys for me at the same time and added 20mm H&R spacers to the rear. The alloys were purchased/organised by Oli from @BognorMotors ;)

Before purchasing this kit Oli was very kind to give me a test drive in two of his set-ups - one was the Eibach and the other was the new Bilstein Comforts.
Personally I preferred the Eibachs over the Comforts. Don't know why but I just preferred the ride.
Steve from CRS said that in his opinion his Koni kit was just as good if not better than the Eibachs so with that in mind I decided to take a punt on his set-up.
Steve offers a 'no like, no buy' guarantee so it was a no brainer for me really. Oli is really busy at the moment (which is great of course) but so is my work so getting a suitable slot booked in with him was going to be tricky.
Anyway, I couldn't live with the factory suspension anymore so decided to go with Steve and see what all the fuss was about.

I love the stance as it is now but I reserve comment on the ride until I've had time to test it properly.
Unfortunately my drive home wasn't as expected therefore I was unable to test the suspension fully. I felt a judder throughout the entire van on my long journey home which I could only put down to possible wheel balancing issues. Brand new Alloys so what a ball ache!
Luckily I got back in time to stop by a tyre shop and have them checked. Frustratingly each wheel was out of balance by between 15 - 25 grams. Tyre pressures were also all over the place. I'm not sure what they should be exactly because they're not 'van' tyres as such but the fact that they were all massively different to each other was strange. Not only did that add another 1½ hrs onto my already long day but I was now another £50 lighter :(
I was hoping I could change over my TPMS valves but as it turns out the tyre guy said they need to be swapped back onto the same corner they came from. Unfortunately they weren't labelled as they came off the van so in the end I decided to leave it. I'd had enough by this point anyway. I'll research how to resolve this later on...

So, here's how the van looks now... Thoughts?

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

Unfortunately I've been busy since getting back with my van so I won't be able to drive it until Monday / Tuesday at the earliest. I will report back in due course...

Hey everyone!
Quick update on my exterior changes so far... I hope this is in the right section?

So I had my suspension fitted yesterday by Steve from @CRS Performance :)
Hopefully Steve will jump in and answer any technical questions but essentially he's fitted the H&R / Koni Coilover kit with a final drop of around 70mm. He also kindly swapped my alloys for me at the same time and added 20mm H&R spacers to the rear. The alloys were purchased/organised by Oli from @BognorMotors ;)

Before purchasing this kit Oli was very kind to give me a test drive in two of his set-ups - one was the Eibach and the other was the new Bilstein Comforts.
Personally I preferred the Eibachs over the Comforts. Don't know why but I just preferred the ride.
Steve from CRS said that in his opinion his Koni kit was just as good if not better than the Eibachs so with that in mind I decided to take a punt on his set-up.
Steve offers a 'no like, no buy' guarantee so it was a no brainer for me really. Oli is really busy at the moment (which is great of course) but so is my work so getting a suitable slot booked in with him was going to be tricky.
Anyway, I couldn't live with the factory suspension anymore so decided to go with Steve and see what all the fuss was about.

I love the stance as it is now but I reserve comment on the ride until I've had time to test it properly.
Unfortunately my drive home wasn't as expected therefore I was unable to test the suspension fully. I felt a judder throughout the entire van on my long journey home which I could only put down to possible wheel balancing issues. Brand new Alloys so what a ball ache!
Luckily I got back in time to stop by a tyre shop and have them checked. Frustratingly each wheel was out of balance by between 15 - 25 grams. Tyre pressures were also all over the place. I'm not sure what they should be exactly because they're not 'van' tyres as such but the fact that they were all massively different to each other was strange. Not only did that add another 1½ hrs onto my already long day but I was now another £50 lighter :(
I was hoping I could change over my TPMS valves but as it turns out the tyre guy said they need to be swapped back onto the same corner they came from. Unfortunately they weren't labelled as they came off the van so in the end I decided to leave it. I'd had enough by this point anyway. I'll research how to resolve this later on...

So, here's how the van looks now... Thoughts?

View attachment 78103

View attachment 78102

Unfortunately I've been busy since getting back with my van so I won't be able to drive it until Monday / Tuesday at the earliest. I will report back in due course...
What wheels did you go for in the end?

Back