Team Indium Grey

Opinions please exalted Team Grey members. Side bars? Black or silver and I think I also need mudflaps? If so which are the best/easiest flaps to fit yourself? Also, I have seen side bars that need no cutting of the plastic underpan? Any idea who supplies these? Sorry for all the questions I’m a bit new to all this. Cheers in advance.

841E11D9-AA9B-4B35-AD91-B7D37E35EC5E.jpeg

Opinions please exalted Team Grey members. Side bars? Black or silver and I think I also need mudflaps? If so which are the best/easiest flaps to fit yourself? Also, I have seen side bars that need no cutting of the plastic underpan? Any idea who supplies these? Sorry for all the questions I’m a bit new to all this. Cheers in advance.

View attachment 74346
Personally I prefer black side bars. I have the trapezoid ones in black and prefer them to the round stainless ones that were originally on my van. I had to cut the under trays, but doing so is very simple.

I bought some £15 mud flaps from eBay and they just attach to the wheel arch liners using simple trim fixings, just drill a few holes through the flap and arch lining and clip into place, I’ve run them all through winter and they have done their job very well.

I didn’t fancy OEM flaps for two reasons. 1. They are too small at the front, especially with wide after market wheels. 2. The rears are fitted too far back to do anything meaningful.

The pic below shows both the side bars and mud flaps.
E46AB27B-AA6C-43E1-84C8-23747A49ABE4.jpeg

Personally I prefer black side bars. I have the trapezoid ones in black and prefer them to the round stainless ones that were originally on my van. I had to cut the under trays, but doing so is very simple.

I bought some £15 mud flaps from eBay and they just attach to the wheel arch liners using simple trim fixings, just drill a few holes through the flap and arch lining and clip into place, I’ve run them all through winter and they have done their job very well.

I didn’t fancy OEM flaps for two reasons. 1. They are too small at the front, especially with wide after market wheels. 2. The rears are fitted too far back to do anything meaningful.

The pic below shows both the side bars and mud flaps.
View attachment 74347
Chris your van has the stance I’m eventually after. My feelings on silver bars is that they might draw away from the wheels rather than accentuate them (My preference). Love those flaps! I know exactly what you mean about the rear OEM flaps (look weird imho). Where did you get your bars, if you don’t mind me asking? cheers for replying

Chris your van has the stance I’m eventually after. My feelings on silver bars is that they might draw away from the wheels rather than accentuate them (My preference). Love those flaps! I know exactly what you mean about the rear OEM flaps (look weird imho). Where did you get your bars, if you don’t mind me asking? cheers for replying
Yeah I agree, black bars will help make the wheels the star of the show. My bars are from van style, quality is very good (although I had to send the first pair back). As for stance, that’s about 80-85mm ish down.

Is that a Hilo roof? Nice van, you say the front isn’t practical is that because of driving around campsites, etc With a risk of it catching?

Yeah, took a gamble on a HiLo and got a good one. :laugh:

On B14 suspension and 19" wheels it got caught in loads of places, slightly better now it’s on 20"s but you have to be cautious.

Yep, you are spot on but due to the current situation, its the UKs most expensive work van, inside is covered in sheets and full of tools :confused:
Ha! I'm about to snatch that award from you! They're currently doing mine and I'm adding to the cost as every day goes by! They're going to build me some carpeted 'click in/out' boxes that I can put my clobber in (plumber and electrician) so my tools don't rattle about and damage the investment!

Even with the protection I've managed to make a few scratches and marks, oh well :confused:. "Adding to the cost", sounds familiar ;). btw, with the seats down you can just fit in 2.4 mtrs of wood or pipe which made me happy . Enjoy the journey mate and post pics when completed :thumbsup:

Back